The Scissor Sisters (and more specifically their lead singer Jake Shears) are everywhere lately. They have the #1 album in the UK, they are featured in the new issue of Out magazine, Fleshbot has linked Jake's Butt Magazine appearance (calling him "Filthy and gorgeous") and Popjustice has posted an excellent interview with Jake; he fields questions like:
Jake. Would you wank David Beckham off in the back of a limo?
You are going to have to read the full interview to get his response. But it wouldn't be a Trent post if I didn't have more pictures to share. Jake is a randy little popstar so don't click these thinks at work. You can see a saucy picture HERE and another one HERE. Enjoy! According to Arjan Writes the Sisters are due to come to Detroit again on 09/14/04; the show is going to be at St. Andrew's Hall. Awww yeah!
In other news:
- Holy Shizz!!! Michael Jackson is about to become a father ... again ... to QUADRUPLETS! US Weekly is reporting that Jackson has fathered quadruplets with a surrogate mother in Florida. Yikes! Here come Paris II, Paris III and Prince Michael III through V. [Goss via Sarah].
- Martha Stewart is considering forgoing an appeal to her conviction and may just serve her prison sentence. She seems extremely repentant and sorry for her actions. But, if I were her, I would exhaust the appeals process to make sure that my rights were being upheld.
- Iran is dismissing charges that they aided the 9/11 terrorists as "fabrication and fantasy". There is still no evidence that Iraq had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks and there has been no discovery of the alleged Weapons of Mass Destruction. Doesn't this just make you wonder why the hell we went to war with Iraq? It should.
- Even though the Onyx Hotel Tour has been sidelined that doesn't mean you can't still visit the Onyx Hotel. A hotel in Boston named, you guessed it, the Onyx Hotel has opened a Britney Spears suite where guests can stay for as low as $259 a night. I wonder if the mini bar has those cute little bottles of
whiskeyginseng? [Har har, old joke I know but it's still damn funny!]
- Linda Ronstadt was booed and then removed from a Las Vegas stage after praising Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 on Saturday night. All she did was dedicate a song to Moore (Desperado) calling him a "great American patriot" and "someone who is spreading the truth". Michael Moore has posted a open letter to the president of Aladdin Casino. Moore asks for an apology for Ronstadt, I would have just said "Fuck Off!"
- Want to get your hands on torture memos related to the Abu Grahb prison scandal or read a copy of a no-bid contract obtained by a Halliburton subsidiary for work in Iraq? Then you might want to read THIS ARTICLE from Wired magazine. Who knew that using P2P networks to download damaging/embarrassing government documents is the new Using P2P networks to download the entire Metallica catalog.
And finally, you have to check out THIS LINK. It's kinda cute.