Wednesday, July 28, 2004
My next brilliant idea was to take ANOTHER template and edit the shizz out of it so that I could keep the essence of my blog without having to build from scratch. Yeah, that didn't work either. I wanted it to look like this blog, Three 1 Three, but have a hot pink, black and white color scheme. I got close but came to the realization that it just didn't feel like my blog anymore. I think I just wanted it to look more uniform like the other blogs that I read but then, on some level, it wouldn't be my blog anymore.
So in the end, I settled on flipping the whole thing back to the way it was, making a few minor edits and adding a cool sparkly top header (unfortunately for those using Netscape you won't be able to see the cool sparkly header but then again, this blog template never looked right on Netscape anyway). Voila! It's Trent's blog ... only better!
Pink is *so* pimp!
Lest you think that web authoring is all I did today, let me tell you what else I did this evening. Erik came home from work really late. He's been working late a lot these past few days. We decided to go to Amici's in Berkley for gourmet pizza with $3 cosmos supplied by The Living Room next door. We had such a nice dinner together.
Erik was tired so we decided to just come home to chill out. We managed to watch John Edwards give his DNC speech (you can read the text HERE) which was very well executed. Then we watched as the convention delegates cast their votes for the Democratic nominee. Ohio's delegation support gave John Kerry enough votes to make him the official nominee:
He arrives in Boston tomorrow to address the convention and formally accept his party's nomination for President of the United States of America.
Yada Yada Yada!
Anyways, I still think that I'm going to overhaul my entire blog someday but just not yet. I want to make sure that I know what I'm doing, that I do all the work and that it's completely finished before I take down this blog template and put up another.
But none of this is remotely interesting, I'm sure. I'll make sure I spend less time fiddling with html code and more time scouring the Internet for cheap gossip. BTW, Britney was last seen hobbling around with a new leg brace
This news isn't so juicy but you get what you get when I'm preoccupied with other things. Ciao!
I've been told that this new lay out looks funky in 800X600 resolution but most people have their screen resolution set at 1024X768.
This is what summer boredom does to a person.
C'mon feel the noise.
I'm a big Requiem for a Dream fan so I thought it would be neat-o to go see Leto's band play when they came to Detroit a couple of years ago. I was pleasantly surprised by the album and was really surprised by the concert (photos HERE). Ever since then I've been on the 30STM mailing list (I'll admit it, I'm an Echelon member) and yesterday I got an update that the guys were in the studio working on the follow-up album. The official site has pix of Jared & co. in the studio:
I wonder if the new album, tenatively titled The Battle Of One, is going to be influenced by Jared's break-up with Cameron Diaz. As long as they lose the latin lingo they were using on the first album (PROVEHITO IN ALTUM) I think they're going to be okay.
Watching re-runs of My So-Called Life on The N has rekindled my affection for J. Requiem was such a good movie, I loved his part in Fight Club and I'm looking forward to seeing him in Alexander.
If you are interested in seeing 30STM in action visit THIS SITE, a fan page, for some videos and live performances. C'mon, Angela Chase would want you to do it.
But first, on a serious note, I had to go ahead and tell Mikey (last week) that I wasn't going to be able to make it down to Louisiana for his wedding and he wrote me back this morning. Obviously he was hurt and I feel rotten. I wish there was a way that I can swing it but I've played with scenarios and just haven't come up with a solution. If the wedding was at the end of October, or sometime in November I'm pretty sure I could wrangle the time off. In any regard, his message to me was so genuine and heartfelt. I love him. He's stuck by me through so much emotional stuff. We were inseparable and I miss that a lot. I'm very bummed that I've disappointed him but I know that he understands. I'm going to have to make sure that I get his new bride and him a kickass wedding gift.
I got to talk to Megan today. I've been such a stupid ass the past week (I blame it on boredom/stircraziness) that we've not been in contact with her. I'm definitely going to see her this weekend, hopefully at a kickball game. But we've got some plans in the works for Saturday night so it shall be a blast.
But enough about me, let's get to the good stuff:
- Hilary Duff is out on tour and providing her fans (and their parents) with good ol' wholesome concert-going fun. Kids are entertained by glowsticks and beach balls and parents are pleased that there is no simulated sex on stage -- who knew?
- Last night, Michael Moore squared off with Bill O'Reilly on the Fox News Channel and did an excellent job of outfoxing the blowhard. O'Reilly kept trying to corner Moore who would not let himself get trapped by O'Reilly's word games. I would call it a win for Moore over O'Reilly.
- Michael Jackson won a delay to the start of his upcoming trial. The trial, which was due to begin on September 13, is now due to begin in January 2005. I think Jackson's defense is based on the need for his extremely ill accuser to die before the trial begins.
- Rehab isn't just for kids anymore. Donatella Versace has been admitted to a drug rehabilitation center to battle a cocaine addiction. I think the orderlies should keep track of how many times she demands that they "GET OUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!!!!"
- Har Mar Superstar, whose new album The Handler is due out in September, has enlisted the aid of Aussie pop diva Holly Valance and US indie chanteuse Karen O on the new disc. It should be a pretty awesome album. Yeah, make that ass clap, yo!
- Simpsons creator Matt Groening has announced that the next season of The Simpsons will involve a character confessing his/her homosexuality. Apparently, in the same episode Homer will become ordained on the internet and will begin to perform same-sex weddings. Groening would not hint at who the gay character might be but I think it's way too obvious to believe it will be Wayland Smithers (who has been secretly in love with Montgomery Burns for years). I also don't believe it will be one of Marge's sisters. This will be the biggest Simpsons buzz since we wondered "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"
Well, my time in front of the computer is about done. I need to check in with the couch but not before I visit the refrigerator. It may sound like I'm complaining but believe me, I am not. I shall enjoy every second that I am not required to be at work even if time seems to drag a little here and there. Don't cry for me Argentina!