Thursday, August 26, 2004
After I was done at ULS I went to Barbarella for my haircut. I decided that I want to keep the length of my hair and just get it thinned out. So Sandra (who is featured in a great Freep.com ARTICLE on Hamtramck) fixed my tips and thinned out my hair. She loved the way it looked, I did too. I invited both her and Julie (lead singer of The Fondas, who works with Sandra at Barbarella) to our housewarming party so hopefully they can make it.
Anyways, after I got home I crashed for a bit. I stayed up late last night and had to get up early today so I was in need of a nappy-wappy. Erik had plans to hang out with Kirsten tonight so I only got to see him for a little bit before he had to go out.
While perusing the various topics at Say Hey! I came across a post by a user named Arch Dandy (he has a livejournal HERE). He found a high quality MP3 of Marilyn Manson's cover of Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus. You can download the track by right-clicking HERE (the link will be up for 7 days so get it while you can). I think the cover is just O.K. It's a pretty standard cover. I was expecting Marilyn Manson to really change it up and make it their own (it does have Marilyn Manson elements to it) but they just didn't do anything new and fresh with the song. Eh, it's O.K. The MM Greatest Hits cd Lest We Forget is released on September 28th. Here is the tracklist:
1. The Love Song
2. Personal Jesus
4. The Fight Song
5. Tainted Love
6. The Dope Show
7. This Is The New Shit
8. Disposable Teens
9. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
12. Rock Is Dead
13. Get Your Gunn
14. The Nobodies
15. Long Hard Road Out Of Hell
16. The Beautiful People
17. The Reflecting God
You can pre-order your copy HERE.
Tonight I got caught up watching the Simple Life 2 marathon on Fox. Hahahah! I have only seen a few episodes from the first season and none of the episodes from this second season and Oh.My.God is it hilarious! Shane has always been raving about how much he loves Paris Hilton (and I'm always reading about how MK at popbytes.com is a fan) and now I know why. On the show, Paris is the calmer one compared to Nicole Richie. They are so funny to watch. And I love the sound effects (I think the "boing" is my favorite one). I'm not sure when it happened but I've slowly grown more fond of Paris Hilton. She used to annoy me but now I find her one "sexy bitch". I never even had an opinion on Nicole but she's pretty damn funny. I loved it when the girls stayed with the very religous Cash family who kept chiding them for their foul language. As the girls were driving away, and after the family prayed for them, Nicole yells out "You guys fucking rock!" I swear, I about fell to the floor in hysterics. I have to admit, though, that the season finale was kind of anti-climactic. They finished their road trip and that was that. I can't believe that I'm about to say this but I hope they do a Simple Life 3. Not sure what they would do but I think I'd like to see more.
All I can say is that I "loves it!"
Tomorrow I have to do the morning thing at work again and I might visit my parents in the afternoon. Erik and I are meeting up with the gang to celebrate Andy's birthday tomorrow night so that should be a blast. So, for tonight, I'm audi.
There are rumors (none that I can quote ... yet) going around that by wearing this shirt she is hinting that the wedding will be sooner than November. I've even heard that it might take place on Labor Day weekend. We now know that the surprise ending to her upcoming My Prerogative video will show Britney meeting Kevvy at the altar. Wouldn't it be funny if they really did get married while filming the video? It makes sense, her brother has a cameo in the video and I suspect she'd have other family on the set -- why not just get married right under everybody's noses; right in front of everybody's faces? Then the video will forever be a record of her
Oh and just in case you want to see more picture of Britney and her latest barefoot restroom romp there are a lot more pictures to see HERE. There are even a few of her barefoot in a convenience store. Oi!
What else is going on in the world:
- Navy records corroborate John Kerry's version of what happened to him in Vietnam. The March 18, 1969, weekly report from Task Force 115, which was located by The Associated Press during a search of Navy archives, is the latest document to surface that supports Kerry's description of an event for which he won a Bronze Star and a third Purple Heart. In other news, Bob Dole is still an asshole. Dole also says that he thinks Kerry should stop talking about what a "great veteran" he was, that he thinks the American people admire the "quiet heroes" and it pays to "not talk about yourself so much." In such an important election as this one I think it is IMPERATIVE that the presidential nominees talk about their military history. I can't wait for GWB to dare to flaunt his military career. Bring it on Dubya!
- Who knew that Blair Warner would turn out to be such a psycho bitch?! Lisa Whelchel is an advocate of Hot Saucing kids as a form of discipline. "[The practice of "hot saucing" a child's tongue as a method of discipline] does sting and the memory stays with them so that the next time they may actually have some self-control and stop before they lie or bite or something like that," Whelchel said on ABC News' Good Morning America. I do not believe that Mrs. Garrett would approve. Whelchel has an insane-o website that talks about her discipline beliefs. You should read her stuff on home schooling. She even has a blog! Check it out HERE. [goss via Whatevs.org]
- The Wayans Bros. are set to make a movie based on The Munsters. The good news is that none of the Wayans Bros. will actually star in the movie.
- X-tina was seen puking out of her limousine but claims that she is not pregnant. But what I want to know is whether or not she was wearing shoes. It's a valid question these days.
- Farnsworth Bentley needs to get an effing life! Dumb story about his name change HERE. [goss via Whatevs.org]
- Abercrombie & Fitch gets yelled at for picking on West Virginia, again. The entire state of West Virginia takes offense at t-shirt that reads "West Virginia: No Lifeguard at the Gene Pool" "It is unfortunate that Abercrombie & Fitch continues to perpetuate stereotypes rather than positive things like the number of residents serving in the military or the state's PROMISE scholarship program," [W. Virginia Governor] Wise spokeswoman Jodi Omear said Wednesday. Yawn! You can order your own shirt HERE.
- Wal-Mart is now offering White Trash Weddings. Neither bride nor groom work at the discount store. Still, they spend more time there than many employees do, wandering the aisles and visiting friends for up to six hours a day, nearly every day since the store opened two years ago ... "It never dawned on me to have it anyplace else," said the 55-year-old bride. God, I hope Britney doesn't catch wind of this. Oh wait, what am I worried about, Wal-Mart has a strict No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service policy ... which I bet isn't strictly enforced ... God, I hope Britney doesn't catch wind of this.
- Morrissey has announced more tour dates and will be visiting The State Theater in Detroit on October 17th. You know that I'm going to be there ... who else wants to accompany This Charming Man? [Yeah, I know that was a horrible line but hey, they can't all be gems ... you get what you get]
- THIS is just one of the many reasons I love reading 1115.org -- you should be reading too.
Yesterday, I ended up not going into work. I stayed home and read my text book trying to get ideas for class lecture topics. It was fun (that was sarcasm). Erik and I had an extremely fun time hanging out with Scary Sarah and Jeremy at their place in Hammy Trammy. It was so nice hanging out with them again. Scary had just gotten an amazing tattoo on her chest of a Mexican Day of the Dead sugar skull.
Isn't it freaking awesome?! We've made plans to hang out some more so I'm very much looking forward to that. I think we're planning on having them over for dinner with us in The Shores.
Today I really have to go into work. I'm attending a 2-hour seminar for first year teachers from 9am to 11am. Later on I have a haircut appointment at 3pm. I shall return.