Wednesday, July 28, 2004
But first, on a serious note, I had to go ahead and tell Mikey (last week) that I wasn't going to be able to make it down to Louisiana for his wedding and he wrote me back this morning. Obviously he was hurt and I feel rotten. I wish there was a way that I can swing it but I've played with scenarios and just haven't come up with a solution. If the wedding was at the end of October, or sometime in November I'm pretty sure I could wrangle the time off. In any regard, his message to me was so genuine and heartfelt. I love him. He's stuck by me through so much emotional stuff. We were inseparable and I miss that a lot. I'm very bummed that I've disappointed him but I know that he understands. I'm going to have to make sure that I get his new bride and him a kickass wedding gift.
I got to talk to Megan today. I've been such a stupid ass the past week (I blame it on boredom/stircraziness) that we've not been in contact with her. I'm definitely going to see her this weekend, hopefully at a kickball game. But we've got some plans in the works for Saturday night so it shall be a blast.
But enough about me, let's get to the good stuff:
- Hilary Duff is out on tour and providing her fans (and their parents) with good ol' wholesome concert-going fun. Kids are entertained by glowsticks and beach balls and parents are pleased that there is no simulated sex on stage -- who knew?
- Last night, Michael Moore squared off with Bill O'Reilly on the Fox News Channel and did an excellent job of outfoxing the blowhard. O'Reilly kept trying to corner Moore who would not let himself get trapped by O'Reilly's word games. I would call it a win for Moore over O'Reilly.
- Michael Jackson won a delay to the start of his upcoming trial. The trial, which was due to begin on September 13, is now due to begin in January 2005. I think Jackson's defense is based on the need for his extremely ill accuser to die before the trial begins.
- Rehab isn't just for kids anymore. Donatella Versace has been admitted to a drug rehabilitation center to battle a cocaine addiction. I think the orderlies should keep track of how many times she demands that they "GET OUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!!!!"
- Har Mar Superstar, whose new album The Handler is due out in September, has enlisted the aid of Aussie pop diva Holly Valance and US indie chanteuse Karen O on the new disc. It should be a pretty awesome album. Yeah, make that ass clap, yo!
- Simpsons creator Matt Groening has announced that the next season of The Simpsons will involve a character confessing his/her homosexuality. Apparently, in the same episode Homer will become ordained on the internet and will begin to perform same-sex weddings. Groening would not hint at who the gay character might be but I think it's way too obvious to believe it will be Wayland Smithers (who has been secretly in love with Montgomery Burns for years). I also don't believe it will be one of Marge's sisters. This will be the biggest Simpsons buzz since we wondered "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"
Well, my time in front of the computer is about done. I need to check in with the couch but not before I visit the refrigerator. It may sound like I'm complaining but believe me, I am not. I shall enjoy every second that I am not required to be at work even if time seems to drag a little here and there. Don't cry for me Argentina!