Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Oops! EW! She Did It Again!!!
Clearly, it is a different bathroom on a different day (although, this restroom appears to also be a unisex restroom). Can someone PLEASE explain to me how a woman worth millions of dollars, who has the ability to obtain the most expensive and beautiful shoes in the world and who is known the world over can possibly find nothing wrong with walking in her bare feet into a public restroom. I am just so grossed out by the whole thing.
What I don't understand is why she doesn't just get a cheap pair of flip-flops from either Diesel, Abercrombie & Fitch, Target or even Wal-Mart?! It would be so easy for her to just slip on some flip-flops or even socks. Hahahah! Socks would be better than bare feet!!!
It's too bad she's not touring -- I would bring her a $4.99 pair of flip-flops to wear when she goes out.
This first picture is Britney waiting to occupy the public restroom and the other 3 are from later on the same day (different top) as she is walking in a Blockbuster parking lot. Click the picture to see a larger version. She looks like a complete mess. Her skirt is all over the place. It used to be sexy when she showed her thong. This is just too much. I may have to start praying for her.
UPDATE: Oh lord, get a load of these dogs:
The poor things look like they need to be burned. Would you touch these things?! I bet they smell lovely.
My Initials Aren't T.V. For Nothing
Both the transgendered woman and the psychologist warned of the high suicide rate of kids who deal with these issues. I just couldn't believe how accepting her audience was over this controversial topic. I can only imagine what the housewives in Kansas and Iowa were thinking. After the adult transgendered woman told her story of hardship growing up as a woman trapped in a man's body the unaccepting father decided that he was going to be more accepting of his son (promising to allow his son have the dolls that he yearns to play with). It was very touching. Erik got home from work early and watched much of this show with me. We were just dumbfounded at what we were watching. The times have truly changed. I say, if Oprah Winfrey can open some very dangerous closed minds by showcasing these types of stories then I say more power to her. There is no other person who can highlight these issues and make them palatable for mass consumption. Of course I know that she isn't going to make homophobic people change their minds on a broad scale, but I'm sure she can change some minds. And that is better than nothing.
But, Oprah's got commercial breaks too so I was able to switch over to VH-1 and watch today's episode of Totally Obsessed (the afternoon's TV entertainment wasn't all serious and important). Oh.My.God, I'm not kidding, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle chick is completely OUT of her EFFING mind!
In her interview, she just sounded crazy. A description will not do her insanity justice. You have to see it for yourself. It wasn't until she started singing the song "Follow Your Heart" from some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles musical that I about fell off the couch in hysterics (you must witness this for yourself). She is the subject of a Detroit Free Press article and another separate Freep.com article in case you miss the show and want to read about her. I am *so* proud that she is from Detroit. What is it in the water around here that can spawn a Madonna, an Eminem and a woman who is totally obsessed with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Probably the same stuff that would make a 30-year-old guy write about all of them ... Obsessively! Anyways, the show airs TONIGHT at 11pm on VH-1. Do yourself a favor and watch it.
BTW, Judge Judy was hilarious as always. We love her!
Kickin' Ass, Again
Hahahaha! Would you like to own this:
It used to belong to Britney Spears and you can bid on it HERE. You better hurry though, the price is up to $460.96.
I'll have to go into work for a bit so let's get to the goss:
- Holy Shizz!!! John Kerry is going to appear on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart tonight! If you missed Bill Clinton on the show a few weeks ago, shame on you, don't miss this one. [buzz via Uncle Grambo]
- Ellen DeGeneres is the new George Burns. She's set to star as GOD in a remake of the 1977 film Oh God!. I love that GOD is really a lesbian.
- Shania Twain's brother was busted in a drug bust. Darryl Christopher Twain, 30, faces drug- trafficking charges after Edmonton cops unearthed about $7,000 worth of rock cocaine hidden in a car late last week ... "It's called rock cocaine and they're spit-ball-sized," said Weiler. "There were over 170 of these spitballs throughout the car. It's significant. Officers are happy whenever they can get illicit drugs off the street. And $7,000 is a pretty good haul." Bummer! What is that playground rhyme about someone's mamma using crack rock? I suppose one could substitute mamma with brutha.
- Crikey! Athens is set to surpass Sydney in Olympic viewership. Apparently, Greece is the word.
- Purple Reign, again. Prince's Purple Rain is re-released on DVD today, its 20th anniversary. I love the Darling Nikki performance, shoot, where did I leave that magazine I was ... reading ...
- Oh yeah, The Passion of the Christ also comes out on DVD today. Should I or shouldn't I?
- Chloe Sevigny talks about the job she gave in the upcoming movie The Brown Bunny in THIS article. "It's an art film. It should be playing in museums. It's like an Andy Warhol movie." I can't wait to see it.
- Scott (at) Stereogum has outed a bunch of celebs that are Bush supporters, see the list HERE. Shannen Doherty is an effing bitch!
And I guess that's it for now. Work beckons, which really sucks, but I'll be back later with wondrous tales and fantastical stories to share. Ta ta!