Monday, August 30, 2004
This movie had a very awesome story and the visuals were completely stunning. It was a little confusing to follow but I did get it. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was really, really good. I love how seamless the fight scenes appear. When you've got martial artists jumping on water and slicing through rain drops and it's made to look real -- that is impressive. Diana, I think you are really going to love this movie.
Tomorrow I have a full day at work. I will be booked pretty solid from 8am to 3pm so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to write in the morning -- we'll see.
I'm about to spend the rest of the night with Erik so I'm signing off for today. I must implore you to read today's post at Whatevs.org -- it's completely hilarious and completely right on!
I guess this whole rant came from the empty feeling I got when the Video Music Awards were over. It's not so much that Britney didn't win an award (even though, I might add, that Toxic was hands down one of the most successful and beloved songs/videos of the year and SHOULD HAVE won an award) and it's not even so much that she didn't perform (though one of her show-stoppers would have been most excellent to watch) but the fact that she wasn't even there to walk the red carpet or be shown sitting in the audience ... I dunno, I guess I just really missed her presence at this year's Video Music Awards. This is the first year that she has not either performed or attended the VMAs ... the first time!
I'm sure she'll be up to no good soon enough (wherever will she show up in her bare feet next?) and I'll be raggin' on her again but right now, I'm her biggest fan again. I miss you Brit!
I know that some of you miss her too so I have something cool to share with you. UBritney.com has acquired a 15 second clip of My Prerogative which is just long enough to give you a taste of how the song is going to sound. I've played it a couple of times and I have to say me likey! Check it out for yourself, I've linked it on the sidebar under Share The Love.
Well, the VMAs are so done -- let's see what else is going on:
- Laura Branigan, who had a big hit in the 80's with the song Gloria, died on Thursday but news of it didn't come out until the weekend. She died pretty young, it's very sad.
- David and Victoria Beckham have announced that they are going to have their third child next March. They are sneaky, sneaky because a few weeks ago they swore that
PoshVicky was not preggers. In any regard, congratulations to them!
- Hero was the #1 movie of the weekend. I've yet to see it but according to Mike it's not to be missed. I hope to see it soon (perhaps tonight).
- Morrissey shocked his audience by performing a couple Smith's songs at a concert in the U.K. this weekend, he opened with How Soon Is Now?. The Mozfather’s set included The Smiths’ ’Shoplifters Of The World Unite’ and ’There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’, solo classics ’November Spawned A Monster’ and ’Everyday Is Like Sunday’ as well as recent hits ’Irish Blood, English Heart’ and ’First Of The Gang To Die’. How exciting! Hopefully he'll play a few of these gems when he tours the states this fall!
- Sky News is reporting that the song that Kylie Minogue recorded with the Scissor Sisters was written for and about her boyfriend Olivier Martinez. Hmmm ... we'll see about that.
- Did you know that The Internet turned 35 years old yesterday? Finally, something OLDER than me!