Wednesday, October 06, 2004
MSN Slate has a great article on the debate. But the best thing I read this morning, concerning the debate last night, was that 1115.org actually checked out the website that Cheney mentioned last night and found some startling information! Cheney urged viewers to go to factcheck.com to learn about what the GWB administration is doing to our country -- if you visit the site you are directed to this headline:
President Bush is endangering our safety, hurting our vital interests and undermining American values.
Thanks for the head's up Dick!
Sadly, Rodney Dangerfield died yesterday. Right after the debate, CNN broke the news via their scrolling headlines. Dangerfield, who fell into a coma after undergoing heart surgery, died at 1:20 p.m., said publicist Kevin Sasaki. Dangerfield had a heart valve replaced August 25 at the University of California, Los Angeles, Medical Center. Hopefully, he can finally get some respect in heaven.
Man, it's like a famous person dies every day it seems.
Let's see what else is going on today:
- Popbytes broke the story first, then Defamer picked it up -- Macaulay Culkin is ... gay? Wasn't he just married to a girl? Apparently, he's been romantically linked to "animal rights activist and television spokesperson" Jeffrey Brunner and isn't denying it. Interesting ... but should be surprising to no one.
- If you're a Ted Leo fan you might want to head over to his website -- he's got some choice words for GWB. He seems to be off on his assessments of the debates but as long as he's pulling for Kerry/Edwards he's alright with me!
- If you are a fan of The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, check out the website for Mirror Mask -- penned by Neil Gaiman! It looks awesome!
- The Scissor Sisters have found new inspiration working with Kylie Minogue -- that inspiration is going to come to life on their second album. "Writing for Kylie and preparing for that, you just come up with a bunch of stuff that works even better for you," Shears told NME.COM. "That was a great opportunity for us to get a lot of ideas out and we came up with some really great choruses. There's lots of bits and parts that I think are really great." The album is due in fall of 2005.
- Footy hottie David Beckham is yearning for the quiet life. Soccer superstar David Beckham says he sometimes wishes he could give up his fame and return to an "anonymous" life. I can assure him, he could live a life of quiet solitude in the lovely town of Saint Clair Shores. I'm just saying ...
- A man is claiming that he's got the biggest cock in all of England. Click HERE to find out more (there's even a picture).
- Laura Bush to vote for John Kerry?!? "I'M VOTING for John Kerry for President because sooner or later, when it becomes politically expedient, he shares my views on everything. He's not hard-headed like my husband." Sadly, this report comes from the Weekly World News paper.
Tonight is date night so I'm not sure what (if anything) we're doing. John Edwards is going to be in town for a couple of rallys this weekend. I'm gonna try and see him.