Friday, December 10, 2004
The Eyes Have It
If They Mated ...
I know it's terrible but ... Let the weekend begin!
While the episode was good, it wasn't, what I would call, the best episode so far. I would name the one last week ("Claire's episode") as the best so far. I was pleased with the cliffhanger even though I was hoping for more. I was hoping they would have gone inside the thing they found rather than just tapping on it and saying "let's find out" [fade to black]. I hate to say it but I'm starting to grow really tired and extremely irritated with Dr. Jack. His I-have-to-save-everything-and-everyone-no-matter-what attitude is getting really annoying. I contend that a man of Jack's intelligence would fully understand his role as "leader" and not put himself in so much danger. He is the only doctor on the island, he will be needed in the long-term. He doesn't have to be the hero all the damn time! Also, not that I want Charlie to die but he should have died in this episode ... that would have been the right thing to do considering the way the show operates. Still, great great stuff ... I'm looking forward to the new episodes to come in February.
The official site for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory isn't live yet:
But if you CLICK HERE you will be able to watch the teaser trailer online. I'm not won over yet. We'll see how the final product turns out.
Or, you can CLICK HERE to watch the teaser trailer for War of the Worlds
It offers just a tease but looks very, very good. Its official site isn't live yet either.
You all know I'm not the kind of person to put skanks on blast. Nosiree, not me. But I do feel it is my duty to report the things that go on in the entertainment world. If they involve, what some might consider, skanky behavior then so be it. That said, can you believe what skank Tonya from The Real World: Chicago turned out to be?!? If you remember her from her show, she was "Miss Priss" who was always staying home so that she could talk on the phone with her boyfriend and who managed to talk shizz about every one of her roommates behind their backs (she took great pains to say particularly mean things about Chris, that season's "gay guy"). Now she can be seen on MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2 (sans boyfriend) doing her best to have sex with every male contestant as quickly as she can before she gets her ass voted off. She can also be seen as this week's Cyber Girl for Playboy.com (WARNING: the link is definitely NSFW ... I must warn you, there is an exposed nipple). This makes how many Real World/Road Rules girls who have posed nude for Playboy?!
And now, the news:
- UBritney.com [via The Insider] is reporting that Britney Spears has named her new baby chihuahua BitBit (Spears). I think I'm in love!
- Speaking of Britney, it appears that she had some "difficulty" while spending time in Las Vegas (she just can't have a successful trip to Sin City it seems). This time, a sobbing Spears had to be carried out of the Hard Rock Hotel and ended up getting sick in the parking lot. The incident happened Tuesday night after dinner at Nobu, where her ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake also was attending a record industry party. Spears, who was in Las Vegas for the first time since her 55-hour marriage to childhood friend Jason Alexander, was seen being carted out of the Hard Rock by her mother, Lynn, and her bodyguard. But her people had this to say: "Britney did enjoy the sake and had a great fun-filled time," Britney's spokeswoman confirmed. "The reports of her being helped out of the restaurant are greatly exaggerated, but she may have been tipsy because she has recently lost a lot of weight and is tiny and in great shape." As Lil' Jon might say, "Whuuuuuut?!" Well, at least she didn't embarrass herself further, right?? Oh wait ...
- One more Britney tidbit, it seems that she got some stank-ass feet (Well, if you believe the tabloids. Having seen the pictures of her barefeet excursions, though, I tend to believe this story). BRITNEY Spears caused a real stink when her smelly FEET gassed a plane full of people. Passengers complained when the pungent pop star shed her shoes on a flight. The nasty niff was so bad that a stewardess asked Britney to put them back on ... One passenger fumed: "The smell was unbelievable. One woman had a word with the air hostess, then three or four others complained. She looked pretty embarrassed as she tapped Britney on the shoulder and asked her very politely to put her shoes back on" ... "Britney went red, laughed and said her shoes make her feet stink. Thankfully she put them on. There's no way we could have put up with that." [Insert Toxic joke here]
- Colin Farrell is set to guest on the NBC show Scrubs on January 25. Alexander star Colin Farrell still has a few worlds left to conquer. One is that of American primetime TV, where he'll make his debut on Jan. 25 as a guest star on Scrubs, Variety reports. Farrell, who got his start on TV (on the BBC series Ballykissangel), apparently landed the gig through his friendship with Scrubs star Zach Braff. The role shouldn't be too much of a stretch; Variety describes the character, named Billy Callahan, as an unruly Irishman. I really think that playing "an unruly Irishman" will be a stretch for him. I smell an Emmy nod.
- You have to CHECK THIS OUT. It's weird ... but fun! [via Thighs Wide Shut]
- Gametime! Who said this: Girls my age dress so much raunchier than I'd ever imagine myself dressing. And I understand that I'm a role model though, and I have to look out for that. I have a 10-year-old sister, too. But you also want to be appealing to guys and stuff, that's just something girls feel. It's hard. You want to be that girl that's unattainable to all the guys because there are so many other girls out there that are like that. Click HERE to find out ... it's a fascinating read.