Friday, January 28, 2005
The first one, a double album titled Cold Roses (credited as Ryan Adams and the Cardinals), will drop on April 19th. The other 2 albums are titled Jacksonville and 29. If you count the double album, then there will actually be 4 albums released this year. NME ran the story this morning but Rachel had the scoop last night.
Dude is mackin' like a P.I.M.P. Holla atcha boy!
Turning Jedi Mind Tricks
... pre-Cheetos and Red Bull. I have never seen these before and have no idea who this dude is. They look pretty close (if you know what I mean) in many of the pictures. My fave pictures are these 2:
Click image for larger size
J-L Spears looks young enough to still wet the bed. Does anyone know who this guy is and what the relationship is? I may have to hold off on the Britney discussion ... at least until she gets her ass out in public again. Damn, I'll even take barefoot Britney!
I know Brit, I <3 you too!
I was able to catch the 3rd episode of Point Pleasant last night:
The storyline is slowly unfolding and I am intrigued ... but I'm not hooked yet. We'll see how things progress. I did conclude a few things: 1.) Grant Show is really old, 2.) Dina Meyer always plays a great bitch and 3.) Young clergymen = icky sexual tension. I hope things pick up soon or I may lose interest. C'mon Marti, don't let me down.
My sources have sniffed out more news about Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The opening crawl sequence has been revealed and will read thusly:
REVENGE OF THE SITH
War! The Republic is crumbling
under the attacks by the ruthless
Sith Lord, Count Dooku.
There are heroes on both sides.
Evil is everywhere.
In a stunning move, the
fiendish droid leader, General
Grievous, has swept into the
Republic capital and kidnapped
Chancellor Palpatine, the leader of
the Galactic Senate.
As the Separatist Droid Army
attempts to flee the beseiged
capital with their valuable
hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a
desperate mission to rescue the
Hmm ... sounds promising, don't ya think?
Ever since I started seeing commercials for the movie Alone in the Dark I knew we were in for a major poop sandwich. Xtian Slater and Stephen Dorf aren't really the kind of dudes that bring in the box office bucks these days ... throw in Tara Reid playing an (sic) intellectual and you've got a recipe for a pile of crud:
If this movie bombs like I suspect it will it looks like dear Tara might have to fall back on her other talents:
While the Oscar goody bag will include the all black Motorola RAZR V3, it looks like the folks who attend the Grammy Awards are going to have to settle for a bunch of crap instead:
The only thing that looks good in that pile of junk is the U2 special edition iPod. Maybe they should throw in some hot underwear from American Apparel to at least satisfy the hipsters:
Oh wait, hipsters don't attend the Grammy Awards. Ah well, looks like the Grammy goody bag is just going to have to suck. [American Apparel ad via Gawker]
And for no particular reason at all, here is a picture of Jesse Bradford:
Do with it what you will :)
So how's about we do the news:
- Ellen got a gift in a powder blue box from Portia for her birthday.
- Xtian Slater now claims he was never attacked at knife point. Dude, wait 'til your new movie opens and see what happens.
- Oh Ashlee, this is embarrassing ... really embarrassing. [via ONTD!]
- Michael Myers ... again?!
- Now you can dress as skankily as Beyoncé.
- Marilyn Manson announces a bunch of new (European) dates.
- Ted Leo announces even more.
- Greg Brady ain't a mack like Peter.
- More MJ accusers may start crawling out of the woodwork; His family blaming everyone but him.
- Joss Whedon shows up at Tom Lenk's show. Grrr ... I need to be in LA.
- Towleroad sheds some light on the NYC bar scene. Grrr ... I need to be in NY.
- Kerri Russell still gets work? Who knew?
- The Simon v. Paula thing is so incredibly tired.
- I have to give a big Peace The Fork Out to Yesterdayland.com (a la the Master of Thighs). I had no idea the site had died.
- Somebody Saaaaaave Me ... oh wait, too late ... another Peace The Fork Out goes to Remy Zero.
- Hey Detroiters, there is hope yet for the Belle Isle Aquarium.
- The psycho who wanted to kill himself and then changed his mind at the last minute but inadvertently killed 11 people might get killed afterall.
- Today's the day to Iraq the vote.
Not only will they be giving out free Kylie swag but they will be playing ONLY Kylie songs from 9:30 - 11:00 PM. Aw shizz, I'm gonna drop it like it's hot like a mothereffer, y'all!
Also today I have a "big meeting" with the big boss about my teaching contract for next year. It promises to be a fun time. Not! Here's hoping that I come out on top ... ain't life grand?