Tuesday, December 27, 2005
My Fave Things To Watch Of '05
It should come as no surprise that this was my favorite movie of the year. The visuals are stunning and the acting is superb. Heath Ledger is the absolute star of this movie. He is completely transformed as Ennis Delmar and truly outdoes himself in this role. This movie is so much more than a "gay cowboy" movie ... it is a love story that is both touching and extremely heartbreaking all at the same time. If there is any justice at all, this movie will win at least one award (hopefully Best Actor for Heath?) at the Oscars this year.
If Heath Ledger doesn't win the Academy Award it'll be because Philip Seymour Hoffman will win it for sure. If Jake Gyllenhaal had played Harper Lee, this would have been my #1 movie of the year.
Christopher Nolan undid all the horrible things that Joel Schumacher did to the Batman franchise ... and I will be eternally grateful. Christian Bale is, by far, the best Batman ever.
This movie is so innovative in the way it is told ... I loved every moment of it. This movie deserves to be on every Top 10 list merely because it features the Sunshine Singers.
This movie proves that stage plays can be translated into fine films (unlike Closer -- ack). This movie also proves that Gwyneth Paltrow is an amazing actress.
Many people contend that The Secretary is Maggie Gyllenhaal's best movie but I liked her much better in this movie. Hell, she even made Tom Arnold look better in my eyes. Jason Ritter was a revelation ... I fully expect more good things from him.
The 40 Year-Old Virgin:
Hands down, the funniest movie of the year.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire:
I really, really liked this adaptation of the J.K. Rowling book. The kids are growing up and the movie versions of the books are as well.
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith:
The final chapter in the Star Wars saga ... Hayden Christenson finally got the brooding, menacing vibe down ... okay, maybe he didn't but this movie was a fine final chapter in a long beloved series.
Just as good as any X-Men movie ... and Chris Evans is 98% naked in a good 8 minutes of the film. How can you argue with that?
- Lost: This is the best show on TV. It's engaging to the point of addiction. It's chock full of surprises and mystery. It's probably the most talked about TV show on the Internet. Being home on Wednesday night has become the new tradition.
- 24: This show is so frantic ... what's not to love? It's completely unbelievable that all the things that happen in one season actually happen on one day on the show but ... if you just go with it ... you totally get sucked in.
- Laguna Beach: The Real OC: Team Kristin! Team Kristin! Team Kristin!
- Being Bobby Brown: The best new reality TV show this year ... bar none. Whitney Houston is a crack job ... and I lurve her to death.
- Project Runway: Are you kidding me? Who doesn't love this show?
- Commander In Chief: My fave new show of the year. I've always wondered what it would be like if we had a female president ... it's fun to watch what might actually happen sometime soon.
- Prison Break: This show has a great premise and always brings out new surprises. Robin Tunney is a dream ... and so is Wentworth Miller.
- Invasion: This show slowly overtook me ... it reminds me a bit of the show V from the 80's. I'm hangin' in there in the hopes there will be a big pay off.
- Family Guy: The.Funniest.Show.On.TV.
- Reunion: Call me crazy but I really like this show. I am very upset to know that we may never find out how the story ends ... I really liked this show. I hope it gets saved in some way.
The Morning After
Britney, Jamie Lynn and Bryan Spears spent Boxing Day rummaging around Malibu, CA looking for the best sales ... here are some pictures of the trifecta doing a little shopping:
I love Britney but she should have been rummaging around for a bra instead. I'm not even gonna mention her horrible extensions because it's the holidays and maybe she was just so relaxed that she didn't feel like brushing ... or washing ... her hair ... [Source]
Great news everybody! Kevin Federline finally has friends on My Space:
He currently has 1,946 friends right now. Believe me, that number will continue to increase ... has the whole world lost its head? Oh wait, I'm actually one of his friends now ... but hey, don't judge me ... I figure he's one degree away from Brit Brit so that's worth something, right? Wait, don't answer that ... [Source]
Paris and Nicky Hilton are still in Hawaii for the holidays ... here are pictures of the mega-rich socialites getting all lovey with the men in their lives ...
... including the mega-large billionaire Jason Davis. I find it very hard to believe that Paris Hilton would spend any time at all with the likes of either Brandon or Jason Davis if they weren't extremely wealthy. See, money can buy you friends. [Source]
Amongst normal humans, Keith Urban is a regular-sized man. When he is with his amazonian woman, Nicole Kidman, he immediately becomes a dwarf:
Oh wait, maybe he is just an elf after all ... I wonder why Nicole feels the need to get involved with short men? I bet she's into domination ... she strikes me as the kinky type. [Source]
Okay ... everyone all together now ... look at these pictures and go ...
... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Aren't Bennifer so damn cute that you just want to heave onto the floor? Wait ... it's prolly just me feeling the effects of last night's party ... well, these sickeningly cute pictures aren't helping at all. [Source]
With album sales not doing so well Lindsay Lohan has to resort to new measures to try and boost sales:
Hey, that's why God created cleavage. Now go buy her album before she has to take off any more clothing. [Source]
Speaking of taking off clothing to boost album sales, here are pictures of Mariah Carey posing all over Paris, France ... the photospread is for the French magazine Paris Match:
There is something about Mariah that screams voulez-vous coucher avec moi. I think it's the heaving bosom and succulent booty. [Source]
Evangeline Lilly looks smokin' hot in the UK magazine Arena:
She looks very sexy and classy ... which is hard to pull off ... [Source via Source]
... just ask Tara Reid:
Actually, Tara doesn't look terribly horrible in these pictures ... and something seems amiss with the lass ... I can't quite put my finger on it ... do her boobs look smaller to you? [Source]
- King Kong remains the #1 movie at the box office this week.
- Peace the Spork Out goes to Vincent Schiavelli. Believe me, you know who this guy is ... he's been in everything. He will be missed.
- Congrats to Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler on the birth of their baby girl.
- Amanda Bynes has no respect for the handicapped.
- The Pussycat Dolls are the new Spice Girls -- complete with Girl EmPower!
- A couple CBS sitcoms are now available online.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger ain't as popular in his hometown as he used to be.
- The Advocate and Out magazines compile their Brokeback materials in one place.