After Charmed was over, I was flipping through the video channels (we have MTV, MTV2, MTV Hits, MTV Español, MTV Jams, VH1, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul & VH1 Country -- we don't get Fuse though and that's a bummer) and I caught the Paulina Rubio video for Algo Tienes on MTV Español:
What a hot video! I purchased Pau-latina when it was released and have listened to it a few times but I've never seen the video. You can check it out HERE. I think a many of you will love it!
Sadly, Janet Leigh (who famously starred in Psycho) died yesterday. "Janet Leigh died peacefully in her home Sunday afternoon," said the spokeswoman, Heidi Schaeffer ... Leigh, 77, died in her Beverly Hills home surrounded by daughters Jamie Lee and Kelly Curtis and her fourth husband, Robert Brandt, Schaeffer said. I think it is safe to say that her shower scene is among the most famous movie moments of all time. She will be missed.
In other news:
- I am SO pleased that the first presidential debate went so well for John Kerry. He and GWB are neck and neck again in the polls. It appears that his kick-ass performance at the debate has made it a whole new ballgame. Debates don't always shake up a presidential race, but this one did—and there are two more, plus a vice presidential debate yet to come. In the new NEWSWEEK Poll, Bush's 49-43 percent lead in a three-way race has been erased, with Kerry now ahead 47-45 percent. Electoral politics is a game of comparison, and the first appearance of the two men side by side—one having a good night, the other a bad one—did wonders for Kerry's image. Woo Hoo!!! Bring it on ... Kerry is going to dominate in the debates ... and he is going to lead us to victory in November! Thank the gods!!!
- Elliott Smith's final album will be released tomorrow and CNN has a great article on the disc. Friends say "From a Basement" shows a new direction for Smith, toward more complex songs and a wider variety of styles ... "To me, it's a recovery record," said Alex Steiniger, who heads the independent Portland music label and magazine In Music We Trust. "He sees the end of the tunnel and he's going for it, which makes it all the more ironic and perplexing." It's so sad that his voice will be forever silenced after this final album.
- 2009 -- that will be the last season of The Simpsons. Creator Matt Groening really wants to reach the 365 episode mark, "so there's one for every day of the year with no repeats." By the time 2009 comes around, The Simpsons would have been on the air for 19 seasons -- incredible!
- Courtney Love has hired a Michael Jackson lawyer (who also worked for OJ Simpson) to help with her legal woes. Thursday saw her trial on two counts of illegally possessing prescription painkillers last October, postponed until November 3. But when she returns to court, she’ll have celebrity attorney Howard Weitzman by her side. The celebrated litigator has also represented Ozzy Osbourne and American football star OJ Simpson. Whatever it takes Court, good luck! But I thought she was broke? Hmmm...
- Elton John isn't the biggest Madonna fan. Speaking on her nomination for and award called "Best Live Act" he said, "Since when has lip-synching been live?" John said. "Anyone who lip-synchs in public on stage when you pay 75 pounds (US$134) to see them should be shot. Hahaha, he does have a point.