I'm sure you've all heard My Prerogative by now. I'll leave the MP3 link active until the song goes on sale. It's a radio rip so it's not HQ but you get the gist of the song. Personally, I like it. I think it will be a moderate hit for Brit. The much-hyped video premieres on MTV this Thursday ... it should be on the 'Net shortly thereafter.
Other news round-up:
- Everyone is still talking about Oprah's surprise yesterday. USA Today is reporting that the car giveaway that she did for her studio audience cost $7 million dollars! Whateva, that woman can afford it easily.
- Here we go again -- P. Diddy is going to resurrect the Making the Band show by putting together a girl group. "We watched P. Diddy work magic with his last group Da Band, who despite their issues working together, still managed to take their very first album gold," said MTV Series Entertainment Executive Vice President Lois Curren. "We can't wait to see what he has in store for us as he forms a girl group in a whole new music genre." Um, didn't he do this before when he created the group Dream? You all remember Dream, right?!
- U2 is now eligible to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. To celebrate, they created the theme song to The Batman cartoon on Kid's WB. Um, didn't they already do a Batman song for the movie Batman Forever? Well, Prince created Batdance and he got into the Hall of Fame so I guess it's all good.
- Aw, this is sad -- Actress Tracey Gold, from Growing Pains, was arrested for a DUI recently. I was going to post her mugshot but she looks so sad that I didn't have the heart. You can see for yourself HERE. Gold was driving a 2001 GMC Yukon on Route 118 on September 3 when she lost control of the vehicle. While Gold's husband and two of her sons (ages five and four months) were not seriously injured in the late-night crash, the actress's oldest child, 7-year-old Sage, suffered a broken clavicle and a head laceration. After CHP officers administered sobriety tests, Gold was arrested on the DUI charge, said CHP spokesman Steve Reid. Yikes! She is in a world of trouble ... poor Tracey.
- Stereogum has got the skinny on the new Lindsay Lohan single ... check it HERE.
And that's it for today -- I was finally able to procure the Björk Medúlla bonus track Komið so I'm geeked about that. Also, tonight Erik and I are seeing the Scissor Sisters at St. Andrew's Hall
Woo! That will be a blast I tells ya! I'm sure I'll have pictures to share.