I am SO excited for the Grammys now! I mean, I was excited before, I suppose, but this performance is going to be insane. The Gorillaz will appear "on stage" in "3-D animated color for the first time on network television." Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg was a bit tight-lipped in providing information for People magazine: Rosenberg would not reveal the number to be performed, but said: "It's going to be stupendous. Another Madonna showstopper." As for what prompted Madonna to share the stage with, well, cartoon characters, Rosenberg says: "She likes them. She's promoting her album (Confessions on a Dance Floor). She's won a lot of Grammys. It seems like a wonderful opportunity for her." Hot! Hot! Hot! I can't wait! [Source]
Okay ... I know I talked at some length yesterday about the Academy Award nominations but I came upon these pictures from the Oscar nomination press conference and wanted to share them:
While I am really excited for Brokeback Mountain I am not set on the fact that they have to win everything. It is an honor just being nominated ;) I know that some people are already complaining about the nominations but I, for one, am anxious to see who wins this year. There are a lot of strong performances, IMHO, and it will be very interesting to see who ends up winning the big awards this year. [Source]
Oh look ... here are pictures of Heath Ledger ... it looks as if he's just found out who got nominated for the Oscars this year:
Aww ... Well, I hope Heath has no problem sharing the spotlight ... it would be nice if he, his chick Michelle Williams and his dude Jake Gyllenhaal all won awards. I bet there'd be a lot of celebrating on that night. [Source]
Reese Witherspoon must really be having a great couple of weeks ... she's already winning her own awards and seems poised to continue her winning streak:
While I'm rootin' for Felicity Huffman, I'd be alright with Reese winning the award for Best Actress. As much as this "feels" like Brokeback's year it also feels like Reese's year as well. [Source]
Poor Kate Moss ... she don't look too happy in these pictures ... I mean, would you look thrilled if you just came from a police interrogation for alleged Cocaine use?
The Metropolitan Police doesn't identify suspects being interviewed by name, but said a 32-year-old woman "has voluntarily attended a London police office in relation to a Met investigation into allegations of possible drug abuse, as reported in newspaper reports." WhatEVER ... even tho we've ALL seen pictures AND video of Kate Moss committing the crime I'm sure she's going to get off the hook. How many times has her ex-boyfriend Pete Doherty been arrested and he's still free. She should just cheer up ... this incident is prolly all over for her now. [Source]
Man ... Lindsay Lohan is not having a good week ... first we learn that she suffered an accident which resulted in her having to get 10 stitches in her shin while she was hanging out with Bryan Adams (!!!) at his place in London ... now we learn that L. Lo lost her diary, filled with intimate thoughts and musings, after a night of heavy partying ...
Although the diary was later found, some pages believed to contain passages where Lohan candidly writes about her love life and her family problems were missing ... The star's representatives have now reportedly sent out letters to several leading US publications warning them legal action will be taken if any information taken from the missing pages is published. Yikes! Well, if those pages do end up on the InterWeb I'm sure they'll make their way around the block a few times. While I feel bad for Linds, I wouldn't necessarily mind finding out what was in her diary. Is that wrong? [Source]
Carmen Electra was announced as the new face of Max Factor cosmetics in New York yesterday ...
... and she was also chosen as the new leg of Nads the No-Heat Hair Removal Gel. I can't tell if her leg looks stubbly or just ashy ... I just know it don't look right. [Source]
Check it out, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's Carson Kressley and Jai Rodriquez met up with the often fired, kinda semi-famous chef Rocco DiSpirito at the cast party for The Producers in NYC yesterday:
See, this is why is always a good idea to invite gays to your parties. [Source]
Aww ... Nicole Richie decided to take the girls out for a walk in West Hollywood:
Ain't they all just soooo cute? [Source]
Wait a minute ... first we're supposed to swallow the fact that Hayden Christensen has been spending "quality" time with Sienna Miller and now we're supposed to buy the fact that he's two-timing on her with another chick?!
Yeah, I don't recall Sienna being a big fan of guy's cheating on her ... but that's beside the point. Hayden ... with 2 different chicks?! That's kinda hard to believe. The girl in the first set of pics has darker hair ... it does not look like Sienna at all ... what exactly is going on here?! [Source]
I love these pictures of Matthew Perry making out with his chick at the airport:
He is *so* making a Chandler Bing face. [Source]
Yikes ... Brooke Shields is lookin' kinda rough in these pictures ...
... and her outfit is really unfortunate ... it kinda makes her look a bit like someone else ... c'mon y'all, it's more a comment on her shaggy sweater outfit. [Source]
As scary as Brooke might look, there are scarier things out there ...
... so I really shouldn't be complaining. [Source]
Here is a sneak peek at a couple of the new Candie's ads featuring Hilary Duff, Michelle Trachtenberg, Ciara and that other girl:
The slumber party theme is cute ... but they should go for a Mean Girls kinda vibe. Then one of the girls, say Michelle, could just push that other chick off the bed and into the wall. That would be kinda hot. [Source]
And finally, Marilyn Manson has announced that he is going to play Lewis Carroll in a movie about the author of Alice in Wonderland ... which sounds like a cool idea ... but if you head over to MarilynManson.com you'll be greeted with this strange message:
According to THIS thread (semi-NSFW) on a MM fan forum there has been a lot of stuff going on at the official website. If you're a MM fan I'm sure you'll find it all interesting (as I did), if you are not a MM fan then it's prolly not for you. In any regard, the new movie, a book and a new album are supposed to be released sometime this year. Woot! [Source]
- Hey you Los Angelinos! Verizon Wireless is presenting a FREE outdoor concert featuring the reunited Fugees in LA next Monday evening to kick of Grammy week. Click HERE to print out your tickets ... be one of the first to get tickets.
- Let the reinvention begin! Britney Spears is set to guest star on an episode of Will & Grace this April. [thanks Amanda and everyone else who emailed me]
- James Frey's literary agent gives him the ol' heave ho.
- Coachella announces its line-up, as does Bonaroo. Lollapalloza announces that it will return to Chicago this summer (with The Smashing Pumpkins?).
- Here come the snubs.
- Broke Mac Mountain?! Brills!
- THIS is what Felicity Huffman looks like after finding out she was nominated for an Academy Award.
- Natalie, Natalie, Natalie ... what the fug is going on with you?
- Damn Tyra! Fix yo' self, girl!
- Jimmy Kimmel rips on Detroit, then brings his show to Detroit to make up for it.
- Ex-Great White manager pleads guilty to 100 counts of manslaughter! Wow!
- Aretha Franklin gets over her bad self; is finally happy to be singing the National Anthem at the Superbowl in Detroit this Sunday.
- Click HERE to bid on the Sex and the City original "Charlotte's Vagina" painting from season 1, episode 5. (semi-NSFW)
- Jada Pinkett Smith has gone to the dark side.
- Click HERE to see what Louis Vuitton has in store for 2006.
- Jodie Sweetin (Full House) confesses she got hooked on crystal meth 'cuz she was bored. [thanks Jen]
- Lisa Marie Presley is 38 and Sherman Hemsley is 68 today. Click HERE to see who else is celebrating a birthday today.
- Brad Pitt wants to go gay.
- What could be worse than capri pants?
- Boy George pleads not guilty on his drug charges.
- Since when is wearing a t-shirt considered an arrestable offense?
- The NY Daily News has some advice on how to waste time while you're at work. [thanks Debbie and everyone else who emailed me]
Tonight Sarah and I are heading out to shop for outfits again ... we seriously need to find cool outfits for our LA trip next week. We're going out to Ann Arbor to seek the help of Mike G. -- fashion maven.
I guess that's it ... I'm out.