Wednesday, December 01, 2004
My best friend Kristin and I would have profiles at My Space (because Friendster is so over). Dude, how amped would I be if I never had to deal with, you know, like, snow? Sooo rad!
But in the real world, I have to deal with crappy snow and crappy weather and crappy work and all kinds of crappy Michigan crap. Ah well.
Can someone please tell me what I did wrong to cause Paris Hilton to dye her beautiful, golden hair? Was I talking too much about Ashlee Simpson that it drove our dear Paris to attempt to woo me away from my Ashlee worship and over to Hilton worship? What? What's that you say? Ohhh, she's only wearing a wig ... well, all I can say is "Whew!" All's right with the world again.
I'm sure many (a great many) of you got a good early start with the Xmas shopping. I know for a fact that a lot of you spent Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) fanning out across shopping malls throughout the country looking for the best bargains. Well, it seems that our darling Britney decided to hold off on her Xmas shopping ... until just recently.
It seems that after Britney procured her new baby she went shopping at Toys 'R' Us for her other babies ... her step children:
And I'll say it again ... the pooch looks really cute, but her bird's nest hairdo is horrid! Lordy ... look at that little hairless chihuahua in the last picture (click for larger image) -- it looks embarrassed to be seen with her! Shoot, I would be too ...
Let's get to the news:
- This is the best news I've read in a long time -- Ashlee Simpson is going on tour!!! The youngest Simpson is embarking on a tour early next year, her record label announced Tuesday (November 30). Her preparations to go on the road — culminating with the launch of her tour — will be featured on the second season of "The Ashlee Simpson Show," which is slated to begin airing in the beginning of 2005. Hello, it's about damn time! She will be playing the Fox Theater here in Detroit on March 24th! Yay! Tracey and Erik already promised to go with me ... woot!
- You are cordially invited to an exclusive screening of the new Abercrombie & Fitch Christmas Film, click HERE.
- Can you guess what the #1 word of the year 2004 is? Finish this sentence and you'll know -- Pink is the new _______. BOSTON, Massachusetts (Reuters) -- A four-letter term that came to symbolize the difference between old and new media during this year's presidential campaign tops U.S. dictionary publisher Merriam-Webster's list of the 10 words of the year. Merriam-Webster Inc. said on Tuesday that blog, defined as "a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments and often hyperlinks," was one of the most looked-up words on its Internet sites this year. This surely is the death knell for the word ... pretty soon Pink is going to be the new Digital Diary.
- Wait, I thought Mariah Carey wasn't crazy anymore? Why is changing her name to Mimi? "'Mimi' is a very personal nickname only used by those closest to me...just one of those little things that I've kept for myself in an attempt to have some delineation between a public persona and a private life," Carey writes. "By naming the album The Emancipation of Mimi, I am letting my guard down and inviting my fans to be that much closer to me" ... "Most importantly," she continues, "I am celebrating the fact that I've grown into a person and artist who no longer feels imprisoned by my insecurities or compelled to try and live up to someone else's vision of 'Mariah Carey.' I now feel I can honestly say, 'This is me, the real me, take it or leave it.' For the first time in my life, I feel free and unashamed to be who I really am. And that's what the music of this album and its title reflect." Whatever, I blame this entirely on Esther! Shoot, don't blame me if I decide to change my name to TiTi -- wouldn't that be cute?
- Found this little tidbit on Neil Gaiman's blog: [W]e announced at Fiddler's Green that Charles Vess is going to be painting Blueberry Girl, a poem written for my goddaughter before she was born; and that Harper Collins will publish it, and that part of the profits will be going to RAINN. I'll let people know more news about that poem as I get it. Blueberry Girl was the poem that he wrote for Tori Amos' baby Nataysha while she was still in the womb. I have searched high and low for this poem. It seems that it will now be released along with a painting (?) ... whatever, I can't wait to read it.
- So what does Mandy have that Lindsay doesn't ... it sure ain't bigger boobs. Friends of LINDSAY LOHAN expect the actress to find a high-profile boyfriend to punish her former lover WILMER VALDERRAMA for returning to his old flame MANDY MOORE ... The MEAN GIRLS actress has always been jealous of the relationship the THAT '70s SHOW actor enjoyed with Moore, and has reportedly made a statement about her availability by hitting the town with friends and family at the weekend. I just don't understand why these 2 hot chicks are fighting over dorky Wilmer anyways. Can someone explain it to me?
- I'm not so sure that a TV series based on the movie documentary Super Size Me is such a good idea. MORGAN Spurlock, the creator and star of "Super Size Me," has a new reality series, called "30 Days," set to debut on FX next summer ... On the documentary-style show, people will be filmed for a month while living in social or economic situations different from their own lives ... "Each week we'll deal with a different social issue," Spurlock told The Post yesterday ... In the pilot, which deals with religion in America, a pro-war, Christian insurance salesman from West Virginia goes to live as a Muslim with a family in Dearborn, Mich., home of the nation's largest Islamic community. This seems the surest way to kill a great and novel idea. I guess we'll see.
- In case you need all the details about how Ken Jennings finally lost on Jeopardy! check out THIS ARTICLE from USA Today. All I have to say is DUH! Of course the answer would be "H&R Block".
- Ryan Adams is offering a new song for sale at his official website. ‘Now That You’re Gone’ is the first new track to be released from the star since he broke his wrist at the start of the year falling off stage in Liverpool ... The release has fuelled speculation that Adams is working on the follow-up to this year’s album ‘Love Is Hell’. This is good news ... except the song is only available on vinyl. Hello ... he could at least offer MP3 downloads. In any regard, welcome back Ryan.
And my day has come to an end ... I hate staying after school ... it's so unnatural! Blech!