I am very thankful that I only have to work a half-day today. Because rich little princes and princesses have to jet away to far away lands to celebrate Thanksgiving (much like the first pilgrims who vacationed in the Swiss Alps) classes are being dismissed at 11:20AM today for the holiday weekend. I love it! I really would love to just go home an crawl into bed but I think I'm going to spend the afternoon with my parents. I heard a rumor that Jessica Simpson was going to be in town doing a meet-and-greet at a local 7-11 (because they are selling an "exclusive holiday EP" in their stores) but I haven't been able to sniff out any information. I would love to get my picture taken with Jessica Simpson in a 7-11. How wrong is that?!?
Not to be outdone by Britney Spears and her Letters of Truth, Martha Stewart speaks from behind prison walls:
The letter is on her official website. While it's nice to hear that she's "in good spirits" and that she's "making the best of this difficult situation" I am more interested in hearing about how things are progressing with her new prison girlfriend.
Surely you all know that Oliver Stone's new movie Alexander opens today and I'm fairly certain that Erik and I are going to see it regardless of the ONE or TWO bad reviews I've come across. I really could care LESS about what a movie reviewer thinks about a film before I get to see it (sorry Michael T.) regardless of whether or not I agree with the review in the end. And, hello, who are we kidding ... is there any way that I'm NOT going to see Colin Farrell frolicking around in a tunic???
You just know there's gonna be some mad flesh in this flick! That's Hot!
And now the news:
- In NYC? Check out Rufus Wainwright at Barnes & Noble on December 7th. Piano based crooner Rufus Wainwright will be performing in-store at New York's Union Square Barnes & Noble on December 7 in support of his brand new album Want Two, the follow-up to 2003's Want One ... Fans will get a chance to hear the songwriter and have him sign copies of Want Two. Rufus also has plans for a quick tour in Canada, starting with an American date in Baltimore. I definitely want to see him on tour this go round. I am SO HAPPY that the song Little Sister is on Want Two. It is one of my favorite Rufus songs (he used to perform it live when he was on tour promoting his first album). Woo!
- Why is this not surprising to me at all ... Barbara Bush is a fag hag, according to The New Haven Advocate: Last November, Bush attended a Pansy Division concert at Rudy's, the divey New Haven watering hole. Pansy Division, America's leading all-gay rock band, is known for its quirky homo-ballads and driving punk anthems like "Groovy Underwear" ("Tight briefs on your sexy butt/white fabric surrounding your nuts...") ... Around 2 a.m. one Saturday in March, I ran into Barbara at Starlight, a gay lounge in New York's East Village. As a fellow Yale student, I recognized her immediately, but upon approach she pretended not to go to Yale, but to be a student at Hartford's Trinity College. Eventually, one of her friends blew her cover, yelling, "Come on Barbara, let's go!" My next ostensibly "gay" encounter with Bush came in early May, a few weeks before her graduation from Yale, when I saw her arm-in-arm between two known homosexuals (classmates of hers), literally skipping down High Street, like Dorothy, the Scarecrow, and the Tin Man prancing off to see the Wizard. I suppose the fact that she looks like a drag queen helps bolster her standing as a hag.
- BUT, being a friend to friends-of-Dorothy doesn't mean that people still won't hate her and her family ... I *love* this next piece of goss -- apparently the Bush twins were turned away from a NY eatery: Freemans, tuesday night the 16th of nov. the bush twins , along with 2 massive secret service men, tried to have dinner. they were told by the maitre'd that they were full and would be for the next 4 years. upon hearing, the entire restaurant cheered and did a round of shots... it was amazing!!! Gawker is reporting that this really happened. I love it! I wish I was able to witness it for myself!
- Paris Hilton has finally gotten around to recording her debut album. After recently completing FOX's upcoming, "Simple Life 3: Interns," MTV.com reports that the hotel heiress will soon begin work on her debut album. She is working with Lil' Jon on a track titled That's Hot. Hahahaha! I bet it'll be huge.
- First Joey and now Phoebe?, HBO has picked up a series starring Lisa Kudrow. HBO has ordered 13 episodes for a series starring Kudrow as a one-time sitcom star who is trying to revive her career ... Kudrow and former "Sex and the City" executive producer Michael Patrick King co-wrote the pilot script for the new series, to be called "Comeback," and will executive produce the series ... "Comeback" is the first half-hour show picked up by HBO since "Sex and the City" bowed out last spring. Lisa Kudrow is hilarious. If Matt LeBlanc can find sitcom fame on his own I know she can as well.
- Robbie Williams is bragging that he's had sex with 4 of the Spice Girls. "I've only got one left to have had all of the Spice Girls," blurted the randy Robster on the show in Buenos Aires, where he is currently touring ... He has famously enjoyed flings with 'Ginger' Geri Halliwell and 'Sporty' Mel Chisholm ... That would mean the other two, if true, are among Mel Brown - whom his actor pal, Max Beesley, dated - 'Baby' Emma Bunton and 'Posh Spice' Victoria Beckham. Are you kidding me?! My money would have been on Mel C (Sporty aka Lesbo Spice).
- And people say that Marilyn Manson isn't shocking anymore. Tell that to the students at Temple University who were surprised when he showed up as a guest lecturer. With an MTV film crew in tow, Manson surprised students in a Temple University Art and Society class Monday with an hourlong guest lecture ... He opened the class with a question: Could he share a bottle of red absinthe with the students? The liqueur stayed on the desk as Manson -- wearing an all-black suit with chrome-tipped platform shoes, dark lipstick and sunglasses -- responded to questions about art, politics and religion ... "I'm not someone who doesn't respect religion, but I don't care for the way religion is used to manipulate people," the 35-year-old singer said. "We create our own gods. We create our own devils." I would die. I have met Marilyn Manson (a couple of times years ago and for more substantial time than my recent meet-and-greet with him) and found him to be extremely intelligent and enlightening. I'd love to get him to be a guest speaker in my class some time.