Sunday, July 18, 2004
According to the Newsweek article, the new iPod will be a wee bit thinner (about 1mm), have a click-wheel modeled on the iPod mini (which is very nice) and these other upgrades:
- Multiple, editable OnTheGo Playlists
- Audiobooks can be slowed down or sped up
- 12 hour battery life
- Price drop, 40GB $399, 20GB $299
I can't even begin to tell you how tempted I am to get one of these upgraded 40GB 4th gen. babies. They look sweet and I greatly approve of the upgrades but, I think I can hold out for the next upgrade. I think I'll shell out the bucks for a new iPod when the storage capacity goes up to 50GB or, dare I dream, 60GB. Sarah recently acquired an iPod mini and I was really impressed with the look and feel of the little sucker. I really prefer the feel of the click-wheel of the mini to the touch-wheel of my iPod.
So, Apple, when you decide to release a 60GB iPod with the updated click-wheel shout me a holla. Then we can do business.
Tracey decided to show off her mad skillz:
Yes indeed, it was a fun time.
Today Jill, Erik and I met Stephanie at Toast for breakfast and then we hung out for a bit in Royal Oak before Jill had to venture back to Rochester, NY. Unfortunately there wasn't time to visit Hell, MI on this trip. Hopefully we'll get to go sometime soon.
I was a little beat from the weekend's activities so we rested a bit before we had our Date Night part Deux. I was able to finish watching the I Love The 90's series: 1990, 1998 and 1999.
And I offer you The Things I Love About I Love The 90's:
- "Two snaps, a twist and a kiss!"
- "Who killed Laura Palmer?"
- Mayor Marion Barry gets arrested, goes to jail and gets re-elected
- "I've fallen and I can't get up!"
- Slap bracelets
- Color Me Badd
- Wendy the Snapple lady (then, not now)
- Commentary by the original Black and the Pink Power Rangers
- Background music by Tara Kemp ("Hold You Tight")
- The blonde backup dancer in the C+C Music Factory video "Gonna Make You Sweat"
- "I could blade on yo' momma's ass"
- Felicity's bitch roommate
- Susan Powter's "Linda Perry" make-over
- Jeff Gallooly
- Dr. Kimberly Shaw, M.D. and her head scar
- Beth Littleford is the new Rachael Harris
- All of 1995
- "Mr. Hall, I was surfing the crimson wave. I had to haul ass to the Ladies."
- "That'll do Pig."
- The Freshmaker
- Hal Sparks doing Forest Gump & Sling Blade
- A whiskey drink, a vodka drink, a lager drink, a cider drink ...
- Ace Of Base
- "Anyone who doesn't like Hanson is mmmjealous!" [Thanks Sarah]
- Tinky Winky
- Katie Holmes = poop of angels
- I like girls that wear Abercrombie & Fitch
- Y2K paranoia
- "¡Yo Quiero Taco Bell!"
Overall it was a cool series. They will never duplicate I Love The 80's series but this one wasn't bad at all. There were some really annoying things (the Michael Bolton segments were the worst!) but over all I really enjoyed the series.
We get to the DIA and there is a huge blow-up Godzilla in front ... so of course we took pix:
Scary huh? Anyways, the movie was very good. It was much better than I had expected. Erik and I were very sure that most of the audience didn't get the message of the film -- they were too busy laughing at everything the whole time. This movie, made after WWII, was surely a commentary on the dangers of nuclear weaponry. Godzilla represented the United States of America and the way it affected Japan since WWII. There were some cheesy parts but for a film made in the 50's I found it highly entertaining. It's nice to know that the "Godzilla sound" (his roar) has always been the same. I've seen a few of the movies (including the horrid US one) and think I liked this one the best. The film is in very limited release so we were lucky to get to see it. Tracey saw it and highly recommended we see it too. Two thumbs up!
And finally, I am happy to report that the kitties seems to be over their bad selves.
They don't hiss and growl at one another anymore. They just stare at each other. It's nice to see family members get along.
This weekend was hectic and I'm looking forward to a quiet night with Erik so now I bid you adieu!