Thursday, September 16, 2004
I ended up taping those "exclusive interviews" that were on TV last night, here's the gist: Britney wants to be a "young mother" and Whitney is going to work with producer and mogul Clive Davis again to stage a comeback (Whitney also performed last night at the World Music Awards -- I was able to watch her performance and I thought she did an amazing job. I was very surprised, you can see it HERE). Not very exciting, but TRL did premiere the commercial for Britney Spears' perfume Curious. You can download the commercial at EverythingBritney.net.
Tonight is the season premiere of Will & Grace with guest star Jennifer Lopez ... should I watch it?
There is lots of goss, so let's get to it:
- Johnny Ramone died yesterday. There is only one Ramones bandmember left.
- Martha Stewart is ready to go to jail. She is asking the judge to send her as soon as possible in order to get it over with. The woman is nuts.
- Are you ready for this? ('Cuz I am!) Bobby Brown's reality show has been picked up by Bravo. 10 episodes of Being Bobby Brown have been ordered and will debut in "the second quarter of next year". Whitney will appear, along with his numerous children. I can't wait!
- Madonna has arrived in Israel to do some Kaballah-ing or something. She is there to celebrate Rosh Hashana (the Jewish New Year). Singer Britney Spears, fashion designers Donna Karan and Stella McCartney (daughter of Paul and Linda) and Marla Maples - the former wife of billionaire Donald Trump - are expected to join the conference on Friday and remain until Yom Kippur, Israel Radio reported. Sounds like a party -- I wonder if Britney really will show up?
- Deryk from Sum 41 is saying (through his people) that he's not engaged to Avril, contrary to reports from the UK yesterday. Hello, then what is up with that rock that Avril has been sportin'?
- Dannii Minogue was in West London for a photoshoot yesterday. Wee! I love her new song and I can't wait for more music to be
- VH-1's Best Week Ever blog is reporting that Minnie Driver is giving up acting for music (an alt-country music career to be exact) and that she lives in a trailer. Hmmm ...
- UPN is thinking about giving Mariah Carey her own sitcom. Yeah, this sounds like something UPN would do.
- Hugh Hefner has been inducted into the Erotic Hall of Fame. Would you pay to see his pajamas on display? Ew!
- Have you ever wished you could read the news in another language like Dutch, German or French? How about the Klingon language? German broadcaster Deutsche Welle has added the Klingon language to the 30 other languages that they provide the news in. You can access their news in English HERE; you can access their news in Klingon HERE.
- The Freep.com is showcasing MichiBloggers. Whatevs, they left off some very important Michigan bloggers ... Boo! on them.
- Have you seen the new video for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs song Y Control? It's freaky -- Children of the Corn-type kids playing with a dead dog, chopping off one another's hands and slicing open their stomachs in order to pull out intestines. Check it out HERE.