Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Ah, how wonderful will it be when we actually do elect President Kerry in November! It's so sad that Americans have to go to Canada to get flu shots because the current administration effed up another thing in our country! I cannot fathom how people can want 4 more years of the same ol' bullshizz!! WAKE UP AMERICA!
In other important news, MTVnews is reporting that NIN have finished recording their next album and have decided to not use the name Bleedthrough. Trent Reznor has changed his mind. The title of Nine Inch Nails' first studio album since 1999's The Fragile will no longer be called Bleedthrough. The songs are done, Reznor writes on NIN.com, but the title didn't fit them. The album is still expected out in March, with a tour to follow.
I couldn't find official word at NIN.com but I'm encouraged that the album will be out next year and will be followed by a tour.
And in other news:
- The widow of Christopher Reeve talks about her husband's last days -- "On Saturday, October 9th, Chris spent his last day of consciousness doing what he loved to do," Reeve wrote.
"He left a long phone message for Senator John Kerry lending his support and encouragement; he attended one of Will's [Reeve's son] hockey games, cheering as they won a huge victory, bursting with pride as Will was presented with the game puck for his outstanding playing that day. He and I spent the early evening on the phone and then he watched the Yankee game with Will and gobbled up one of his favorite meals, turkey tettrazini." He was truly an amazing man. He will be sorely missed.
- Björk will be visiting David Letterman on Thursday night. Check out her new video for Who Is It? HERE.
- Word on the street is that Mary-Kate is gonna drop out of NYU. Story 1: Mary-Kate Olsen has given NYU the old college try - and it looks like she's sooo over it. Lowdown hears that for the past week, instead of buckling down and studying for midterms in the $7 million Morton Square apartment she bought with sister Ashley, the 18-year-old brunette Olsen twin has been playing hooky in Los Angeles and is considering dropping out. Story 2: Midway into her first semester at New York University, the brunette half of the Olsen twins has left campus and is currently in Los Angeles. Hello, she's a billionairess! I don't think she cares much if she gets a degree or not.
- Kylie Minogue is selling out venues like crazy for her upcoming Greatest Hits tour. The initial dates for ‘Kylie: Showgirl – The Greatest Hits Tour’ sold out within two hours, bringing down the Bishopsgate telephone exchange in London, which handled calls for the Earl’s Court date, crashing shortly after 9am this morning (October 19) due to the volume of calls ... Demand was so exceptional that a second date at Manchester MEN Arena on April 24 sold out without even being announced. A third date has now been added. Holy moly! Kylie is H-O-T-T right now! I pray she comes to America ... but I'm not holding my breath.
- Ever wonder what it takes to get as big as Batman? Just ask Christian Bale: The director, Christopher Nolan, asked me to try and put on as much weight as I could because he would find it very difficult to convince the studio to cast me if I was a beanpole. In doing so I overdid it because I was enjoying gorging. I was ignoring advice about taking it slowly because my stomach had shrunk, and I should just go with soups. I was straight into pizza and ice-cream and eating five meals in a sitting. My stomach expanded really quickly. I got very sick during that time but I enjoyed getting sick. I didn't mind it at all. Now that's dedication. I'm hoping they end up making a kick-ass Batman movie.