Thursday, October 28, 2004
I am going to try and control myself but there is one item that I think I'm going to have to rush out and buy. Hey, we all have our vices, no?
Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, A&F stores across the country put on display half-naked models who are meant to entice shoppers into the store. This year they are offering the chance to have your photo taken with the models (donations will go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). Aw, how nice!
Speaking of half-nekked people, did you catch this week's episode of The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2? The mission was hilarious and resulted in this:
Try and catch the repeat if you can. The annoying boys keep winning but it's fun to see who gets voted off and why ... I love it!
And don't be alarmed, the people below are friends of mine:
Jeff and Adam were Siamese Twins, Tony was a creepy carnie and John (aka Pete Sampras) was a bearded lady. The theme was Carnival of Corpses or something like that. These guys are scarier than The Grudge ... eek!
Enough tomfoolery, let's get to the news:
- Apple has released their new 60Gb iPod and have announced plans to release a special U2 version iPod and now comes news of an Ashlee Simpson edition iPod ... check it out HERE.
- Not only is Britney Spears releasing a cd of her greatest hits but she is also releasing a DVD of her greatest hits videos. BUT, it's not going to be just a compilation of her vids, there will be new versions of her videos with never-before-seen material. Not only are some of the clips rarely seen and, in some cases, never-before-seen versions, but 10 of the 20 videos that comprise the November 9 collection have been expanded and enhanced. Fans can watch new footage from "Everytime" and "(You Drive Me) Crazy," as well as the never-before-released material shot before the singer's knee injury on the set of "Outrageous", including one scene where she's playing basketball with Snoop Dogg and ends up in his arms, giving him a little lick for luck ... Spears' camp was able to provide so many alternate versions because directors often shoot a full pass at a song in each costume, and then only use a few moments of it in the finished clip. So while some of the alternate takes of "... Baby One More Time" and "Oops! ... I Did It Again" will look familiar, the videos have been re-cut for a whole new feel. One of those alternate clips, for "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know," makes the most use of Britney's body of work, with the spaceman from "Oops! ... I Did It Again," an opening door from "My Prerogative" and a guy from "Toxic" all making cameos. And though "Outrageous" was never finished, it, too, gets an alternate version. This is awesome news! I love her videos and I can't wait to see these alternate takes. Woo!
- Hey, guess what ... Courtney Love is going to trial! Singer Courtney Love has been ordered to stand trial on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon despite her attorney's claim the case had been "grossly overcharged." Love was ordered to appear for arraignment Nov. 10. She remained free on $150,000 bail ... "We hope this will be resolved in a way to allow her to move on with her life," defense attorney Howard Weitzman said outside court. Quel surprise! Good luck, Court ... we're pullin' for ya.
- George W. Bush was voted the year's #1 movie villain in Britain. LONDON - Readers of a British magazine have rated President Bush the year’s top screen villain, for his appearance in Michael Moore’s documentary “Fahrenheit 9/11.” Bush beat out a shortlist of fictional film bad guys, including the nefarious Doctor Octopus, played by Alfred Molina, in “Spider-Man 2”; cannibalistic Leatherface in “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”; Andy Serkis’ creepy Gollum from “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy; and the eyepatch-wearing assassin played by Daryl Hannah in “Kill Bill: Vol. 2.” Come November 2nd, Americans will also vote him our #1 villain when we boot his ass from the White House! MSNBC is running their own online poll with the same question and the same choices, here are the current results:
Best screen villain? * 7436 responses
President Bush 72%
Doctor Octopus 4%
The Bride in 'Kill Bill' 4%
- Looks like there will only be one movie to be made about Alexander the Great. Baz Luhrmann's keenly anticipated "Alexander The Great" film is now officially dead, according to his Australian friend Nicole Kidman, who was supposed to co-star in it as Olympias. Ah well, I really didn't think Leonardo DiCaprio would make as good an Alexander as Colin (yum!) Farrell.
All I need is a new president and I'll be having the best year ever!
PS: OMG! Blogger crashed on me when I tried to publish and I thought I lost this entry ... I would have been PISSED! Shane, if you're reading this, sorry I yelled at you ... you can yell at me tomorrow (or in the comments).