Thursday, November 11, 2004
Believe the hype, Jamie Foxx is phenomenal in this movie. I find it hard to believe that there will be a stronger lead performance this year that would beat him for the Academy Award. There were some very touching and sad parts of the film (especially the scenes where Ray was a young child going blind) but overall the movie is very uplifting. It's great. You should check it out.
You may recall that yesterday I mentioned that Courtney Love was in court pleading not guilty to a charge of assault. I failed to share with you the picture of our dear Courtney that has popped up all over the Internet. Ain't she a dear? She really doesn't look that invested in the legal process does she? With her mounting legal woes I'm sure she's really counting on that Nirvana box set to sell millions. I really think that she's going to need the ca$h money.
Here is a little game for you all. I'm going to give you 3 clues and you have to guess who this lady is:
1.) she is currently Living with someone famous
2.) don't call her institutional camp a "cupcake"
3.) she won't have to darn her own socks for the next 50 months
Click on her picture to learn the answer.
If you haven't picked up your copy of Britney Spears' new cd Greatest Hits: My Prerogative then I guess I can forgive you (after all, you can just download the new tracks from iTunes) but you MUST get the Greatest Hits DVD ... it's awesome! I'm convinced that if Britney had never injured her knee she never would have fallen for that stupid rat-face Federline and she would have continued on her tour and never succumbed to the pit of white-trashiness. The DVD has a pieced together version of the video for Outrageous that she was making when she hurt her knee. Ah, what could have been. But, I do have to say that I am NOT A FAN of Britney licking Snoop Dogg ... but I suppose it's better than her licking Kevin the Rat.
And now, the news:
- The 5th and final season of Angel will be released on DVD on February 25, 2005. The 7th and final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes out on DVD next Tuesday. Boo! I miss Buffy and Angel.
- So you think you're a fan of The O.C. Well you ain't shizz unless you've skated The O.C.
- You wanna know how I know it's time for US troops to leave Iraq? Cuz Madonna says so: "I just don't want American troops to be in Iraq, period," the singer said on BBC Radio. "My feelings are can we just all get out? . . . Global terror is everywhere. Global terror is down the street, around the block," she said. "Global terror is in California. There's global terror everywhere and it's absurd to think you can get it by going to one country and dropping tons of bombs on innocent people." Hello, bring the troops home already!
- What's grosser than gross? How about having to be Liza Minnelli's sex toy? Ick! While working for her, Soumayah was coerced by Minnelli to have sex, his court papers say. "After many repeated attempts by Minnelli to compel (Soumayah) to have sex with her, (he) eventually succumbed," the papers say. He also alleges she beat him "repeatedly." "Fearing loss of his lucrative job, plaintiff tolerated Minnelli's violent outbursts and did not complain about them to her or anyone else," the suit says. Ew!
- The early buzz about the movie Alexander is not very good. "I was stunned -- and I say that without snarky irony -- stunned by how bad this movie was," writes another. "Overacting, bizarro camera work and frame tinting, lackluster battles. . . . God, it was just a mess." Hello, where these people just not paying attention to Colin's penis? I was unaware that there were supposed to be battle scenes in this movie.
- Speaking of Colin Farrell ... he has reportedly turned down offers to play the new James Bond. But he has said yes to play the new Sonny Crockett. Colin Farrell has ruled himself out of the running to be the next James Bond ... But the Irish heart-throb has confirmed he is keen to play Sonny Crockett for a big screen version of '80s TV drama Miami Vice ... He has revealed he is in talks to take the role, originally played by Don Johnson. This sounds like a really bad idea. Apparently Jamie Foxx is in talks to play Tubbs. I bet a penis shot in this film would save it from tanking.
- Gwen Stefani talks with MTVnews about what inspired her on her new album L.A.M.B. "You can tell I'm still having issues," she said, "but the outcome has been so worth it. I feel like I got something out of the way. I needed to do this to feel like I wasn't missing out on something. And that clock that was ticking, ticking, ticking? I feel like the clock isn't as loud in my ears anymore. I feel like I got it out of my system." I really hope the album is not a disappointment. I have high hopes that it will be a solidly great album (judging by the first single, What You Waiting For, which I love). I hate being disappointed, which brings me to the next bit of news ...
- The Leak at MTV has the new Destiny's Child album Destiny Fulfilled. I listened to it this morning. I was disappointed. Other than the first single, Lose My Breath, there wasn't one other track that I liked. 2 thumbs down!
- Scissor Sisters promise a new album by Winter of next year. "We're definitely looking forward to releasing another album and I'd hope that it would be out by winter 2005. For any band there comes a period of stagnation where you end up taking the piss out of the show. At the moment we're still enjoying playing these songs. But not for too much longer? We'll be back in the studio throughout November." They better not wait so long -- 15 minutes might not last that long. Remember that band from the UK called The Darkness? Yeah, me neither.
- Did you know that the actress who plays Harry Potter's evil aunt is a lesbian? Fiona -- Harry's aunt Petunia in the boy wizard films -- is 45. And Saffron, Trojan warrior Hector's wife Andromache in Troy, is 14 years younger at 31 ... A close pal of the pair said yesterday: "They are a couple in love. They are so happy and they know they have a future ... "They have been together for a while but the relationship has moved up a gear and they want to commit to each other ... "Moving in together is their way of saying it’s forever." I just knew Mr. Dursley wasn't giving it to her right. Good for her!
- This Thanksgiving make sure you have plenty of Turkey & Gravy-flavored soda pop from Jones Soda to share with loved ones. I bet it goes well with Maggots & Pee Sauce. Or, with a Poop sandwich. Yum!
Also, Erik and I managed to somehow miss this week's Manhunt (believe me, he was more upset by this than I was) but Towleroad has a great episode synopsis complete with screencaps HERE.
I can't believe we missed the monkey spanking! Damn! But I am happy to learn that stupid I-think-I'm-a-model-and-yet-I-must-piss-in-a-cup Tate got booted off the show! Bu-bye!!
Manhunt is hilarious. I'm not even talking about what gets shown on TV. Click HERE to read about Hunter's life as a stripper. Click HERE to read about Brett's life as a Chippendales dancer. Click HERE to read about Ron's life as a wannabe-porn star.
And that's it ... wow, there was a lot to talk about today. When it rains, it pours. Incidentally, I had written a considerable portion of this entry when my computer crashed ... I had to re-write a lot of it. You're welcome.
Oh yeah, and some guy named Yassar Arafat died ... sad.