Thursday, November 18, 2004
Believe me, I know all about how important it is to pay heed to your mobile phone (as I am THE mobile phone fanatic) but I think there are times when it just isn't prudent to check a text message:
Maybe he just got the mobile phone earlier that day ... in that case, I think I can understand. I am happy to see that Jared Leto and Scarlett Johannson are still together ... I think they make a great couple.
Speaking of great couples ... oh wait, let's move on to a HORRID couple ... it seems that Britney just can't get enough greasy trash in her life. Her love affair with the fast food is enough to make even me cringe!
Oi! These 2 drive me crazy! I miss the old Britney. Booooo!!!
Let's get to the news damnit:
- In January, Alias is going to move to a new time slot, right after Lost on Wednesday nights. Alias will inherit the 9 p.m. slot after Lost on Wednesdays, starting Jan. 5. Alias had had trouble finding a wide audience, but Lost is the No. 6 most-watched series this season. Jennifer Garner will start her fourth season as CIA agent Sydney Bristow in Alias. The scheduling is a huge vote of confidence in executive producer J.J. Abrams, who is responsible for Alias and Lost. Maybe it's time for me to jump on the Alias bandwagon?
- Incidentally, I was unable to watch Lost last night (never fear, I did tape it -- so NO SPOILERS please) but I did manage to stumble across THIS ARTICLE which talks about Evangeline Lilly's former career ... as a spokesmodel for a dating service called LiveLinks. Lilly, who stars as the sweaty escaped convict Kate on the network's hit show about plane crash survivors, once studied international relations at the University of British Columbia, but she's apparently settled on helping the young and dateless with the International Language - love ... The 25-year-old actress is spokeswoman and feature model for the very sexy service, which hooks up singles via telephone. Check out the service's website (which still prominently features her pictures) HERE.
- I was very disturbed to find this news story, I had no idea that Abercrombie & Fitch were being sued for discrimination! I thought they only got sued for peddling porn. The lawsuit was filed last June in San Francisco by Hispanic and Asian groups charging that Abercrombie & Fitch, known for its "classic casual American" clothing styles, hires a disproportionately white sales force, puts minorities in less-visible jobs and cultivates a virtually all-white image in its catalogues and elsewhere. A second, similar lawsuit was filed against the company last November in New Jersey ... "This agreement promises to transform this company, whose distinctiveness will no longer stem from an all-white image and workforce," said Thomas A. Saenz, vice president of litigation at the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund. Hmmm ... I really don't know what to think about this? I'm a huge fan of the A&F look the way it is ... Aye Carumba!
- Surely you've heard about the hoopla over the Desperate Housewives promo that aired before Monday Night Football this week? BUT, you probably have not seen the actual promo that has caused all the fuss. You can check it out HERE.
- Lionel Richie's estranged wife Diana Richie has been arrested for allowing her boyfriend to turn her bathroom into an illegal cosmetic surgery clinic. Yes, you read that right. Diane Richie was charged with aiding and abetting Daniel Tomas Fuente Serrano by allowing him to inject patients with anti-wrinkle drugs, which were not approved by US drug regulators, in her Beverly Hills bathroom ... Authorities allege that Serrano [the boyfriend], who went by the name of Dr Daniel, was licensed to practise medicine in Argentina but not in California, although he is registered in California as a nurse ... He is accused of injecting both male and female patients with either a Dutch drug or a cheaper Brazilian version aimed at reversing the ageing process without Federal Drug Administration approval ... Serrano also allegedly charged thousands of dollars to inject the anti-wrinkle drug Botox, using Diane Richie's bathroom and other private homes as well as the office of a local aesthetician, the documents said ... Some of Serrano's patients developed complications from the injections, prosecutors allege ... One woman complained that she developed a lump on her lip that made it difficult for her to drink and pronounce words, while another had what court papers describe as "holes in her face" following Serrano's treatment. This is completely insane! And you thought that Nicole Richie was the worst Richie!
- Rufus Wainwright confesses that he used to be very jealous of Jeff Buckley's early musical success. RUFUS WAINWRIGHT has said how he spent three years being "jealous and resentful" of JEFF BUCKLEY but a chance encounter changed his mind and inspired new song ’MEMPHIS SKYLINE’ ... He said: "I was really jealous of him and resentful of his success for a long time when I started out. So I began a couple-year-long hatred of Jeff Buckley ... "Years later, I actually met him in person and we hung out ... "I had a really lovely night hanging out with him. That night I realised just the futility of jealousy. And, of course, a month later he died. He would have been an amazing guy to sing with." The Buckley inspired song is on Rufus' new album Want Two due out Tuesday.
It's supposed to look like a "Bridge to the 21st Century" but it does kind of look like a trailer home! Yikes!
Ah well, Clinton is my boy ... I'm sure the Hillary Rodham Clinton Presidential Library will be the more sophisticated building.