Oh well scratch what I just said, I decided to check out the official Clear Channel website to find out how much the tickets would cost and discovered that Detroit radio station 101.1 WRIF is having their own presale -- bottom line is that I just ordered my ticket for the show. $35 plus $4 service fee -- eh, it seemed worth it to keep from worrying about getting a ticket after they go on sale to the general public.
I have some photos to share with you lovely people. First, I am happy to report that
Woo! It's good to know that the Star Wars contingent is on board with Kerry/Edwards.
And, we all know that Britney loves the spotlight. She is happy to go out in public -- no matter what paparazzi are around -- in her bare feet, without make-up, just looking as trashy as she likes. Well, it seems that she is starting to tire of the paparazzi following her around
Or maybe the photographer just looked thirsty? Whatevs!
See, she really needs to be pissed off that someone talked her into approving this album cover for her greatest hits package. I'm sorry, I love Britney and I generally support her but this album cover is effing ugly as shizz! Not only does she look horrid but that the hell is she wearing?! I hate it! It looks cheap and homemade. I object to this horrible album cover. I think I'm going to write a letter of complaint ... or something. Boo!
God, this girl needs an intervention or something!
Alright, enough of the fluff, let's get to the good stuff:
- Well surprise, surprise -- the GWB administration lied to the American people to fool us into supporting the war with Iraq. The official conclusion: Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq, U.S. 'Almost All Wrong' on Weapons. WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of illicit weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003 and had not begun any program to produce them, a CIA report concludes. Well hoo-ha! We lost over 1,000 soldiers because GWB wanted to go to war with someone. I hate what he has done to our country! He must be stopped!! More will die if he is re-elected. WE HAVE TO GET RID OF HIM!!!
- Here's some disturbing news, from MTVnews.com: Butch Walker, the former Marvelous 3 singer who's produced tracks for Avril Lavigne, Simple Plan and most recently the Donnas, will hit the road to open for Lavigne on her upcoming tour, which kicks off October 25. Walker, who's most recent collaboration with Lavigne was the theme to "SpongeBob SquarePants" for that movie's upcoming soundtrack, will be backed by the band American Hi-Fi. ... Yikes! Stacy Jones and Co. have to open for Avril?! How wrong is that?!
- Nine Inch Nails is going to reissue their masterpiece The Downward Spiral! Disc one of "The Downward Spiral: Deluxe Edition" is a hybrid CD/Super Audio CD that features the original 14-track album digitally remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound. Disc two boasts 13 digitally remastered remixes and rarities, including demos for "Ruiner," "Heresy" and "Liar," plus an early version of the hit single "Closer." Woo! This will be a nice cd to tide-over rabid fans who cannot wait for the next full length NIN cd Bleed Through to be released.
- Fahrenheit 9/11 is already the most successful documentary in box office history, now it is the most successful documentary in DVD/VHS sales history too. LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Michael Moore's politically charged documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" sold about 2 million combined DVD and VHS units Tuesday (Oct. 5), its first day in release, according to industry sources ... That Day 1 sales figure and projected Week 1 sales of 3 million combined units set the benchmark as the most successful documentary ever released on home video. I got my copy on release day ... you should get yours!
- In other Michael Moore news, the super-lame GOP is trying to get him arrested for giving away Ramen noodles and clean underwear at his tour stops. They claim he is bribing students to vote. The Michigan GOP on Tuesday asked four county prosecutors to file charges against Moore, citing an election law provision that prohibits a person from contracting with another for something of value in exchange for agreeing to vote ... As of Wednesday evening, no prosecutions had been announced. "It's ironic that Republicans have no problem with allowing assault weapons out on our streets, yet they don't want to put clean underwear in the hands of our slacker youth," Moore said. "The Republicans seem more interested in locking me up for trying to encourage people to participate in our democracy than locking up bin Laden for his attacks on our democracy." The Republicans are scared y'all ... and that's a good thing!