Thursday, March 20, 2008

The TV Guide: Princess Zakiya Update

Yesterday afternoon was a pretty chill one for me ... I ran some errands, took care of some biz and did my best to enjoy the sunshine while I was able. Last night, I had dinner with a couple of new friends, Amber and Adam, at The Grove which turned out to be the epicenter of the universe ... we also ran into my friend Mike (who was meeting a friend for dinner) and Steph and Alek who were all also dining at The Grove last night. Even when I try to give those guys some breathing room from me, the fates still throw us together for a little while. Dinner was really fun ... I was all about the extraordinary pop culture convo that we were having ... it turned out to be a really great night.

My friend Tracey back home in Detroit was telling me that she recently took new photos of my darling goddaughter Zakiya so I asked that she send me some of them ... they are just too adorable to keep all to myself so I figured I'd share:

I'm just stunned at what a little girl she is becoming ... she's no longer a little baby :( I'm going back home to Detroit in about a month's time and I'm hoping to be able to spend some time with Princess Zakiya and her moms.

Tonight, oh Lord, is a big night. I am EXTREMELY FORTUNATE to be able to attend the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reunion hosted by the Paley Center at the Arc Light. I am so excited, I can barely stand it! I was absolutely shocked when Amber Benson asked if I would like to attend the event with her. We really hit it off at our little interview a few weeks back and she was so kind to think of me for this event. I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay her kindness but I hope to do so some day. I'm not entirely sure what will be allowed at tonight's event (ie. pictures, video) but I'm gonna do everything I can to share as much of the experience as possible with all y'all. Depending on what is allowed picture-wise, I am planning to upload all the pics I take tonight at I really hope I'm able to provide decent coverage of the event. I realize this is a once-in-a-lifetime event that 99.9% of Buffy fans won't be able to attend so I'm gonna do my best.

Tonight will be a crazy night, I'm sure. I have to get some work done tonight and then early tomorrow before I spend the whole day flying back East to NYC. Wish me luck!!