Monday, July 19, 2004
Late last night/early this morning I found out that the guys at Say Hey! have been wishing me a Happy Birthday since last monday! I think that this birthday has probably been the most love-filled ever! It never seems to end! In other news:
- Tori Amos is in Cornwall recording her new album, according to Matt Chamberlain. Apparently, the album is due in the first quarter of 2005. You may get excited now.
- Courtney Love gets a little more time; her LA judge postpones her sentencing until she is released from her NY hospital. If she's smart [sic] then she'll stay sequestered in her private hospital for a long-ass time.
- Get to know Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters in this quaint little article in Butt magazine. And, for those interested (::cough:: Michael T. ::cough::), you can see the "racy" (not-for-work) outtake photo HERE.
- Save the date -- Resident Evil: Apocalypse is released on September 10, 2004. Visit the site to see the awesome-looking trailer.
- You can read another article on kickball, this time from the Detroit News, with lots of cool pictures. Unfortunately, the article isn't about our team. Boo!
- Björk (and, more specifically, her video for All Is Full Of Love) is being blatantly ripped off in the new movie I, Robot. The robot design in the movie is almost exactly identical to the robot design in Björk's video. I hear the movie is horrid and I doubt that Björk would want to be associated with a Will Smith stinker. I smell a lawsuit.
- Bryan Singer, the man responsible for the most excellent X-Men movies has been hired to direct the new Superman movie! I have to say that this is the best news I've heard since it was announced that Christian Bale would play the new Batman. Hellz yeah, these are going to be kickass movies.
It sure is purdy. But I will hold off (as difficult as it may be for me to wait) until the larger capacity iPod is released.
And finally, Erik and I were talking about our upcoming commitments (Steve and Stephanie get married in 3 short weeks!) and I think I might have to tell Mikey that I can't make it down for his wedding. I really want to be there; I really want to stand up with him but his wedding is at a really bad time for me. It will be our third wedding in a row, it's out of state (which means plane tickets) and it is just a few weeks after I go back to work. I'm teaching a new class this first semester and I just don't think I can swing the money and the time. I'm still thinking about it but I will have to come to a decision this week in order to give Mikey the time he will need to find a replacement in the wedding party. I want to go so bad but it is looking less feasible the more I think about planning.
Boo! I don't want to think about upsetting Mikey so I'm gonna wrap this up and get some things done. More soon ...