Sunday, July 11, 2004
- I was born at precisely 10:31 AM on July 12th.
- Red used to be my official color, then it was Orange, now it's Pink.
- I'm a Sooner.
- I love to collect 80's toys, cell phones, cds and bags/backpacks/satchels -- the Louis Vuitton the better!
- Sushi is my favorite food.
- I am in love.
- I'm a better writer than speaker.
- If I were born a girl I would have been named Angela.
- I go through bouts of reading; sporadically.
- I have a favorite artist in almost every genre of music.
- They don't make an iPod with enough capacity to hold all the music I own.
- I consider myself Pagan.
- I vastly prefer the heat to the cold.
- I cannot die until I touch the Eiffel Tower.
- When I was little I would wrap a blanket around my neck to fend off Vampires.
- I hate wearing neckties.
- I love vocabulary.
- Britney over Christina, hands down. Tori over all.
- I wanted to marry Wonder Woman but had a major crush on Robin.
- My parents are in their 70's and are both healthy and active.
- I don't have a green thumb.
- I used to consider myself goth/industrial.
- I can't sing to save my life.
- The theme song to Taxi scares me.
- I am on an adult kickball team.
- I could survive on popcorn.
- I have a massive sweet tooth.
- I used to play the saxophone but was born to play the cymbals.
- My cd collection is in the thousands (upwards of 5,000 at last count).
- I love to wear flip-flops.
- I'm a teacher (Computers and US Government).
- I am NOT a morning person.
- I know how to type properly.
- I've got a thing for white bread.
- I truly believe Tori Amos is a Goddess.
- I do not believe in/attend funerals.
- I drive a VW Beetle; license plate reads TR3NT.
- My favorite alcoholic drink is the Dirty Martini.
- I think View-Masters are neat.
- I'm a fan of Jem and the Holograms.
- I was once a Thundercat.
- When I was little I used to think I was bionic.
- I love polyphonic ringtones.
- Je parle français. Mais seulement un peu.
- I like British slang.
- I love Australian accents.
- I believe in a separation of church and state.
- I actively vote. And I campaign for my presidential candidate.
- I'm right handed.
- I was born in 1974, the same year as Alyson Hannigan, Alanis Morissette, Ryan Adams, Leona Naess, Christian Bale, Ryan Phillippe, Victoria Beckham and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- I go through bouts of poetry.
- I hate to gamble but I love Las Vegas.
- Both of my parents and all of my siblings wear glasses. I do not.
- I truly believe in Magick.
- I loathe Mathematics and its study.
- I drive a stick.
- I am a text book Cancerian; moody and emotional.
- I do not like The Beatles.
- I never iron my clothes.
- I hate camping.
- I love playing board games. I hate losing them.
- I got my first TV when I was 5 years old. My first remote-controlled TV when I was 8.
- I consider myself a perfectionist, usually.
- I love to dance.
- I think probation officers are sexy.
- I vastly prefer silver/platinum jewelry over gold.
- Overall, Target is my favorite store.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite TV show.
- Clueless, Empire Records and The Craft are my favorite movies.
- I love going to concerts.
- Daredevil was the only comic that I seriously collected.
- I love making up imaginary bands; Penny Got Beat, Dana Plato Is Dead, The Confectionary Fags.
- Neil Gaiman is my favorite author.
- I love photobooths.
- I press down really hard when I write; I have to write with pens because I break pencil tips.
- My favorite nailpolish color is Bruise (Urban Decay).
- I have more girl friends than guy friends.
- I believe I have a psychic link with my best friend Sarah; She thinks she has ESP.
- I have the worst.memory.ever.
- I was born in the Year of the Tiger.
- I have the Eye of the Tiger.
- I got that Boom Boom that you want.
- My favorite poet is Arthur Rimbaud.
- I have 5 tattoos.
- I have been on the Internet since 1994.
- I tried to learn Latin in college; I do not know Latin.
- I am pro-choice.
- My favorite number is 12.
- I experience Déjà Vu a lot.
- I believe I was a Viking in a former life.
- I prefer to listen to cds/music/songs on shuffle.
- Evangelical Christians scare me.
- I never knew any of my grandparents.
- I believe in life on other planets.
- I believe in ghosts.
- I do not regret a single one of my past relationships.
- I'm loud.
- I'm intelligent.
- My credo is, "Glamour & Glitter, Fashion & Fame".
- All of my previous roomates had two first names: Michael Anthony, Melissa Thomas, Sarah Stanley, Christopher Keith.
- I like adding "extras" to things like 100 Things About Me lists.
But were were pooped! We came home, did a little cleaning and plan on really relaxing tonight. So, I'm going to log off the computer right now.
Erik and I spent the afternoon together shopping and hanging out. I was so thankful that I didn't wake up with a terrible hang-over (no sickness, no headache). We had a wonderful dinner at Little Tree and then spent a leisurely time walking around Royal Oak (we did some shopping for Stephanie, who shares my birthday, but couldn't find anything; I did manage to find a bag and wallet for me though). Erik got a call from Kirsten and Mike (who were shopping together all day) urging us to meet up for a drink. Erik took me to the Woodward Ave. Brewery and that is where my SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY was being held! It was so amazingly cool! There were party favors, homemade cupcakes and lots of presents but, most importantly, really amazing friends to share all of this with! I really was overcome! My amazing friends, orchestrated by my amazing Erik, really went all out for me.
The scene of the crime.
Erik and I pose for a birthday picture.
Stephanie and I do our birthday shots (courtesy of our amazingly cool waitress).
One of Sarah's gifts for me, a collage of pictures of just her and me!
One of Mike's gifts, a vintage Oklahoma mesh shirt.
Megan poses with one of Erik's gifts for me (The Joy of Gay Sex book).
Note the section on "Fisting".
Megan and I share our superhero popsicles.
Tracy has too much fun with the party favors.
The lovely Tracy and I pose for a photo.
Erik and Stephanie; the other birthday girl.
Erik and VLB Sarah.
Erik and my Sarah (and no she's not topless as the photo suggests).
Marcus and me.
The pensive Michael T. Hastings.
Kirsten, la Fashionista, all partied out.
These are but a few of the many pictures we took (over both nights). You can see the rest of our shenanigans HERE or follow the link at the right.
It was such a wonderful surprise and I was given amazing gifts! I love that the gifts were very representative of the givers. Mark, Sarah, Mike, Kirsten, Megan, Tracey, Steve, Stephanie and Erik: Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for your generous love. I love you all very, very much!
After the party at the W.A.B. was finished, we went over to Boogie Fever to get our collective boogies on. Al joined us for dancing and we had a blast. At about 1:30 the dance party broke up and Sarah, Mark and I went to City Club to finish off the night. We were feeling nostalgic so we had to go. The word for the night was BUSH (but the vaginal kind not the asshole kind). The crowd was new but there were some remnants from the old days (Sidney, aka Dancing Boy, was there with his flashing lights). Just as we were about to leave Leonard showed up! I hadn't seen him in months. He, Chris and I were the City Club trio back in the day. It was nice catching up with him. And that was pretty much it. I'm leaving out details, I know it, but you get the gist. It was a very fun birthday celebration. I was extremely happy I can assure you.