Monday, September 27, 2004
But, I just have to talk about this or I'm going to explode! I found out yesterday that Dave Koz (jazz saxophonist that I worshipped in high school when I was in band) has publicly come out of the closet ... THE MAN IS GAY! I don't even know what to say ... I was so SHOCKED and AMAZED! Anyways, yesterday I was flipping through Instinct magazine and they had highlighted Dave Koz as their Bachelor of the Month. Here is the first question they asked him:
INSTINCT: What type of guy do you go for?
DAVE KOZ: I'm a small guy, so I like guys around my height. And there's nothing more attractive than a guy who has a passion for what he does. But still, I'm a sucker for a killer smile.
You can read the rest of the article HERE.
I cannot tell you how bizarre it is for me to know this about him! I have all but his last album and have fallen away from following his career in recent years. Sherri and I have seen him in concert a few times back in the day. BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S GAY! From what I gathered in a few of the articles I've read (Dave Koz, take two, Dave Koz Comes Clean on his Sexuality & Readies Summer Tour) he has been out to his family since the 80's but has suppressing his happiness. He dated guys in college! What?! I cannot believe I never knew any of this!!! Anyways, he's out now and I'm very happy for him. I *must* see him in concert again soon! Sorry that I keep going on about this but it's just a huge surprise for me ... yay Dave!
In case you haven't had the opportunity to see this week's People magazine in person you can see the high resolution pictures of the magazine over at EverythingBritney.net. THE PHOTOS are all there for you to check out.
Oi! Britney, Britney, Britney ... make sure you check out the "garter belt" picture. It is so trashy -- very, very trashy in my humble opinion. I managed to pick up a copy of the magazine at the grocery store this weekend and it was on hand at the party. Believe me, it was passed around a lot. I love how everyone *hates* Britney but they are just as interested in her every move as her fans are. I love it! Stereogum has an article that claims that Britney moved up the wedding date because she is pregnant:
A source close to the singer said last night: "Britney has told only her family and closest circle that she is pregnant." The pregnancy, which Spears, 22, has privately admitted, is a dream come true, and marks the end of a turbulent year for the pop star.
I highly doubt that this is true but I'm just passing along the information. There are other things happening in the world, so let's get to it:
- Kylie Minogue is set to release her most definitive Greatest Hits collection yet, spanning her entire career the 33-song double disc set will include 2 new songs (that were written in collaboration with the Scissor Sisters). NME is reporting that the first single from the new Greatest Hits set will be the new song I Believe In You. You may recall that I was lucky enough to get to hear the song at the Scissor Sisters show in Detroit a few weeks ago.
- Cynthia Nixon (Miranda on Sex and the City) is reportedly dating a woman now. The New York Daily News and the New York Post reported Friday that Nixon has been dating a woman since January. The woman is neither in the public eye nor living with Nixon. We will not confirm or deny anything, Nixons publicist, Carrie Ross, told AP. Hmm, at least Dave Koz is big enough to admit his out status (have I mentioned that he is gay?!?).
- Rocco's, the famed eatery that was featured on the NBC reality hit The Restaurant, has closed its doors forever. The closing took place after a New York state court ruled in late July that China Grill Management LLC, the company run by financier (and convicted felon) Jeffrey Chodorow, could close Rocco's on 22nd Street due to its financial problems, despite celebrity chef and namesake Rocco DiSpirito's ownership interest. Chef Rocco is an idiot -- I think it's hilarious that his restaurant closed in this manner.
- Trouble in paradise for The Newlyweds? The New York Post is reporting that Nick is looking to take a break from Jessica. A pal of the famously married duo says: "Nick is very upset right now. He feels like he is trying to have his own career and Jessica's parents give him no respect. They don't treat him well. The MTV cameras [for the show 'Newlyweds'] are going to go away soon and when they do, Nick wants a break." Hmmm, this could just be mere gossip since Nick is doing more acting and is looking to have a career away from Jessica's influence. But you never really know ...
- Courtney Love is set to play a few shows in between court dates. Unfortunately, she won't be coming to D-town. The good news is that she hasn't been arrested in the past month or so ... that's progress right?
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is going to have a stronger PG-13 rating. "This is the darkest of them all," says Lucas, speaking at a New York event to promote the recent release of his THX 1138 DVD. "I don't think it's going to be rated like the other ones. It's just more emotionally intense." Warn your 12 year olds now -- this ain't their father's Star Wars movie.
Finally, can we just talk one more time about Dave Koz and his gayness?!? I am so happy for him! Weee!!!