Thursday, December 16, 2004
Songs of 2004
01. Britney Spears – Toxic
02. The Killers – Somebody Told Me
03. Ashlee Simpson – Pieces of Me
04. Maroon 5 – This Love
05. Gwen Stefani – What You Waiting For
06. Kanye West – Through The Wire
07. Kylie Minogue – I Believe In You
08. Morrissey – Irish Blood, English Heart
09. Hilary Duff – Come Clean
10. Black Eyed Peas – Let's Get Retarded
Albums of 2004
01. The Killers – Hot Fuss
02. Ashlee Simpson – Autobiography
03. Gwen Stefani – Love, Angel, Music, Baby
04. Morrissey – You Are The Quarry
05. Melissa Auf Der Maur – Auf Der Maur
06. Björk – Medullá
07. Rufus Wainwright – Want Two
08. Phixx – Electrophonic Revolution
09. Juliana Hatfield – In Exile Deo
10. Siouxsie & the Banshees – Downside Up (B-Sides Box Set)
Album Honorable Mentions:
Elliott Smith – Songs From A Basement
Prince – Musicology
PJ Harvey – Uh Huh Her
Courtney Love – America’s Sweetheart
Scissor Sisters – Scissor Sisters
Nellie McKay – Get Away From Me
Rilo Kiley – More Adventurous
Loretta Lynn – Van Lear Rose
Franz Ferdinand – Franz Ferdinand
Jem – Finally Woken
Feel free to add your own picks ... or make lewd comments.
They picked some interesting people, I suppose. You can see who else they slected here HERE.
Additionally -- in unrelated news, Rolling Stone is reporting that the new Mötley Crüe single If I Die Tomorrow is actually a left-over Simple Plan song. "We loved the song when we wrote it. But it didn't really sound like it belonged on the album, and we had it kicking around," says drummer Chuck Comeau, who co-writes all of Simple Plan's songs with singer Pierre Bouvier. "It's pretty dope to be thinking that such an influential, huge band chose to work on it for their comeback." After Rock produced the Montreal rockers, he went to work with Motley Crue, and knowing they were looking for new material to add to the best-of package, Red, White and Crue, brought "If I Die Tomorrow" with him. "Bob played them the song, and they really liked it. [Crue bassist] Nikki Sixx worked on some stuff on it, changed a few lines, then they recorded it," explains Comeau. (Sixx's changes, though minor, were just enough to warrant a co-publishing credit.) How the mighty have fallen.
Can I get a super-mega DING DING: POOP SANDWICH for the new show Big Man On Campus on The WB. Turns out that the damn thing is a Bachelor rip-off for college co-eds. I watched the series premiere last night ... the 15 girls "combed the campus" of USF to find candidates for the Big Man On Campus. They narrowed it down to 6 guys (some kind of hot) and then selected this dude, Matt, to be the BMOC. The rest of the show will blatantly rip-off The Bachelor where the BMOC dates the girls and selects his "Campus Queen". No thanks ... I think I've seen all I need to in the one episode. To be fair, that one episode had lots of shirtless guys, lots of catty girl-on-girl action (not that kind of action Brandon) and a stabbing! Hello, what's a reality show if someone doesn't get stabbed??? Catch the rerun if you have nothing else to watch but don't worry about watching the show ... I won't.
So, yesterday the first pictures of Britney in NY surfaced and today we have the first pictures that show that Kevin is also in NYC:
Britney was photographed with BitBit (her new chihuahua) while NOT wearing a coat ... please, as long as she's wearing shoes -- let's just leave her alone.
Also yesterday, I posted a picture of Paris, Lindsay and Ashlee out on the town. I also came across this picture but did not post it (note the designated driver):
The funny genius (and my new fave blogger) at goldenfiddle DID post the picture with a hilarious tagline ... you'll have to go HERE to read it.
And we can't have a day of goss without going overboard on the Paris Hilton talk ... there are new promo pictures of Paris' Guess ad campaign:
There must be a joke where I can use "Paris Hilton" and "Women's Bottoms" in the same sentence ... but I just can't come up with it right now ... See more pictures HERE.
Also, it seems like with every day comes a new movie trailer to share. The remake of The Amityville Horror is set to hit theaters soon ... click the image below to check out the (super scary) trailer:
The fun kids at Oh No They Didn't! have scrounged up a new (well, new to me) picture of Christian Bale in the new Batman costume:
And now, the news:
- Sad but by no means shocking -- O.D.B. died by O.D.
- Former minister turned music manager Joe Simpson avidly discusses his daughter's (Jessica) "double D's" and forbids his other daughter (Ashlee) to "be gay [in her] first [movie] to come out". Sounds like Mrs. Simpson ain't keepin' her man satisfied.
- New Bin Laden tape surfaces, many Americans still support GWB.
- MSN Slate declares Gwen Stefani the new Beyoncé.
- Two more editions of Survivor coming in '05-'06.
- Whitney Houston will do anything for a little publicity.