Thursday, March 03, 2005
Always the epitome of classiness, the pair seem happy and ready for more misadventures ... we'll be waiting!
So who watched Lost last night? Is it me or is the show really trying to out-Twin Peaks every other show on TV right now? I knew that Hurley's real name was Hugo but the business with the cursed numbers ... that was something that you couldn't foresee:
So did you notice that after Hurley won his millions it was said that he owned a box company? Do you remember that Locke worked for a box company? How much you want to bet that Locke worked for Hurley's box company. I also read that the flight number of their plane that crashed was Flight #815. The last scene was very cool ... the evil numbers came from the hatch that Locke and Boone found all those weeks ago and tried to uncover (they gave up). Since the numbers are what caused the crazy French lady (Danielle Rousseau) to get stranded on the island (and eventually cased the Lost gang to get stranded as well) and the numbers are etched on that big metal thing ... then that big metal thing must have been on the island before the crazy French lady got stranded there 16 years ago. What is in that thing? The crazy guy in the asylum who gave Hurley the numbers (did we ever figure out if Hurley was a patient there as well or just visiting ... maybe worked there?) said something like "you opened Pandora's Box" ... in reference to the metal thing? Ahh! It's getting so complicated and mysterious ... I love it!
What I don't love is that they keep showing reruns of the show ... next week is a rerun ... 24 hasn't shown one repeat yet! Grrr ...
Here are some interesting facts and theories surrounding the numbers from one of the Lost message boards:
4 8 15 16 23 42
Locke was paralized for 4 years
That there were 48 survivors originally (4 & 8)
The Oceanic flight number was #815 (8 & 15)
Kate's safe deposit box was #815 (8 & 15)
The copy machines that Charlie sold were model #815 (8 & 15)
Danielle Rosseau was on the island for 16 years
The lottery jackpot that Hurley won hadn't been won in 16 previous weeks
Jack & Rose sat in row 23 on the plane
The reward for Kate's capture was $23,000.00
According to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 42 is the answer to the meaning of life
42 survivors left?
Claire turns 23 years old?
Argh! Pondering this stuff can make you go nuts! We'll just have to wait and see how things continue to unfold on the mysterious Lost island.
Remember all that hoopla surrounding Colin Farrell's "massive penis" that had to get cut from the movie A Home at the End of the World? Towleroad has come up with screencaptures from the DVD that show us that it was much ado about ... well, very little:
Granted the shot isn't very clear but there doesn't look like much to get overly excited about. Click HERE to check out more screencaptures and decide for yourself ... was the hype worth it?
The folks at Say Hey! are a clever bunch ... here is what they claim Destiny's Child will look like in 5 years:
I have to concur.
Oh Beyoncé, yes I did!
Hilary Duff and Joel Madden have become quite the cute couple:
They're practically the newest married couple ... complete with baby dog. Man, I going to have to get my own tiny dog to carry around now ... don't I?
Anna Nicole Smith appeared at the Australian MTV Video Music Awards yesterday:
That's a lot of duct tape ... and I really don't know what else to say ...
Paris Hilton and her new beau Paris Whateverhislastnameis are becoming quite the pair:
He's rich right? So he's only trying to look like a rat-like Federline? I can't wait for their video.
Jared Leto likes elephants:
... apparently ... check out more pictures from this Flaunt magazine photoshoot HERE.
Reese Witherspoon looks cute on the ice:
But don't be surprised if she beats the crap out of Michelle Trachtenberg for stealing her movie role.
Let's do the news:
- Warjunkie had the scoop that Celebrity Justice was the first to report that a very pregnant Denise Richards is divorcing Charlie Sheen. It's pretty sudden, I wonder if he cheated again.
- If you accuse Michael Jackson of wrong-doing he's likely to label you a crackwhore.
- Papa Spears caters to the stars.
- GorillaMask.net has some hilarious FAKE (NSFW?) pictures of
NikkiNicky Hilton HERE.
- Ashlee and Ryan breakup again again?
- Tori Amos called and it's for you.
- MTV reports that new Fiona Apple songs have leaked to the radio/Internet. Um hello, I posted about this way before some other people did.
- Additionally, MTV just heard of this great new band called Bloc Party. Hello, I've known about them for months (it's the whole Fingers Firmly on the Pulse thing) and I'm seeing them on April 1 here in D-town.
- Nerds have a lot of money.
- Page Six Six Six reports that Mary Kate is back in a treatment facility. But what is she getting treatment for?
- Weezer plays the Playboy Mansion for their new video.
- Martha Stewart plans to televise her prison release.
- Why is Ozzy touching Kelly's boob? It's really disturbing.
- The Beckhams already planning the next one?
- Ellen nabs a ton of Daytime Emmy noms.
- Batman Begins will open in IMAX theaters in addition to regular theaters.
- Did you know that Optimus Prime succumbed to prostate cancer? I had no idea that Transformers had rectums.
- Portia speaks to Paper magazine.
- James Marsters says Spike better get new life within 5 years ... or else.
- Kobe finally pays up.
- School bus driver shot dead by 14 year old kid.
- GRØEG has a fun game in his comments section, check out my Britney answers.
I need a haircut and I need to visit my folks ... I need to do both of these things before the weekend begins ... and it's already Thursday. It's going to be a bizzy few days. I'm out.