So, while we're at our concert tonight I'm going to have to tape the presidential debate. There is no way I want to miss debate #2. It's vitally important that people watch these debates -- GWB is a moron and the more TV time he gets the more people will see it! Woo!
THE CONCERT -- I am so excited for tonight's concert -- Melissa Auf Der Maur co-headlines with The Von Bondies
This will be an awesome show! I know Melissa will rock and I've never seen the Bondies live before ... it shall rule! I plan to be taking LOTS of pictures!
This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time. Tommy Lee is going to college ... and is filming his entire experience for reality TV. Flanked by production crews and cameras, Lee bought books and Nebraska apparel at the University Bookstore while a mass of onlookers strained for a glimpse. "It's like a big circus," student Paul Penke said ... On Monday, the Motley Crüe drummer will even try out for the Nebraska marching band. He's a high school drop-out -- how did he get admitted to a university? Well, the University of Nebraska would take just about anyone ;) but still ... sheesh!
Oh, who the hell am I kidding ... I just *know* I'm going to watch this show when it debuts.
Sarah gave me the heads up yesterday that this story was going to break today -- Matt LeBlanc is fighting allegations that he used to engage in GAY SEX in his limo ... or something like that.
The National Enquirer is running with the story (you can get a taste HERE). I can totally believe this, I mean The National Enquirer would never lie to sell newspapers would it? Bah, me thinks the gentleman doth protest too much.
On to the other news:
- Martha Stewart reported to federal prison this morning ... she'll be doing her time at Camp Cupcake. Her official website has posted a statement for all to read: Dear Friends,
By the time you read this, I will have reported to a minimum-security prison in Alderson, West Virginia, to begin serving my five-month sentence. And on and on ... I can't wait for TheSmokingGun.com to post her mug shot.
- Brandon Boyd (lead singer for Incubus) was arrested for trying to sneak a knife onto an airplane. Lou Martinez, a spokesperson for the Port Authority of New York And New Jersey, said that the star was charged with criminal possession of a weapon after security at LaGuardia Airport discovered the knife in his hand luggage ... In a statement released yesterday (October 7), Boyd said: "I totally forgot it was at the bottom of my bag, and when the security person pulled it out, I thought, 'Oh, no'." Yeah right ... likely story!
- OMG ... Courtney Love was in court yesterday!!! Eh, I'm just trying to make it sound like news. She did tell reporters how her tour plans are progressing: "It’s been going really well," she said of their sessions. "Hopefully we’ll be spectacular. My band is really good." Promises, promises.
- Nick Lachey has landed his own TV show -- unfortunately, it's on Fox. LOS ANGELES - After his successful multiepisode turn on the WB Network’s “Charmed,” Nick Lachey is ready to become a TV leading man ... The singer-actor has inked a development deal with Fox Broadcasting Co., 20th Century Fox Television and studio-based Brad Grey TV to topline a half-hour or one-hour series project created for him. I think it's a great idea that he's making his own money now ... you know, cuz he and Jessica are bound for divorce.
- Now that Britney's marriage is all legal, she has reportedly sacked her long-time manager because he made her sign the pre-nup. But, according to The Sun and the Daily Star, it was his insistence that she sign a pre-nuptial agreement before she married Kevin was the last straw ... A friend said: "Larry forced Britney to get the marriage to Jason annulled. And he made her sign a pre-nup with Kevin" ... Larry said: "Britney and I realised we'd done all we could together and have amicably parted ways." Ah well, I'm sure he's got some bank to live comfortably on for a little while.
- Melissa Etheridge has cancelled her tour because she has been diagnosed with cancer. "I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early," Etheridge said in the statement. "I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery." I hope she recovers quickly and completely.
- J.K. Rowling has announced that she is about to kill off another Harry Potter character. Asked on her official Web site whether she planned to kill off any more characters, Rowling replied, "Yes, sorry." But she refused to identify that character ... Potter himself is safe, at least for now. Rowling has previously said her teenage hero will survive until the seventh and final book in the series, but has refused to say whether he will reach adulthood. The damn book needs to come out already ... bring on the death!
- And finally, you must head over to Popbytes to get the update on the Macauly is Gay story that is going around. The story is complicated and involves Paris Hilton, Nick Carter and Simon Rex. I had to read the update a couple of times but I think I finally got it. Theres is finally a picture of the other man in question -- personally, I would have passed on him. Ch-check it out.