So, did y'all see Jamie Lynn Spears when she was on TRL on Friday? The good news is that she looked cute:
The bad news is that she wasn't that eloquent. Not that I expect my fave pop stars (or soon-to-be pop stars) to spout Socrates or anything like that but I do want some semblance of intelligence. Granted she's still a
She is, after all, this year's Spears. [pictures via JamieSpears.com]
Incidentially, Britney Spears will be on TRL today to debut her new video Do Somethin'.
The big news from this weekend is all about the death of Johnny Carson:
Is it terrible that I heard the news via DeathBeeper.com first? Anyways, I had no idea that he was on the brink of Death's door. Click HERE for the Thigh-bestest obit for Mr. Carson on the whole Internets.
Um excuse me ... how come Eliza Dushku is showing up all over town and in magazines when her TV show, Tru Calling, has been cancelled? We've seen more of her since the show got axed then when it was airing on Fox.
I think she looks great in this picture from Golden Globes night. I'm a sucker for vivid colors and I think she pulls off this dress nicely. But what is going on in this next picture? Is it just me or does her date (from the Coach Carter premiere) look like a psycho?
And WTF?!? Is she preggers or something? I may have to investigate. And, if a creepy guy like this put his mitts on me I'd have to whip his ass Slayer-style. Here's hoping that Eliza gets a new gig soon ... I like seeing her out in public.
So who all watched Charmed last night? You gotta love that the episode was called Extreme Makeover: World Edition
I know that many people, Buffy enthusiasts especially, consider Charmed to be the poor man's BtVS. I used to be in that camp but have since grown to love the show. Since Buffy and Angel have gone off the air Charmed has become the last of the original supernatural soaps still on the air. Call me crazy but I still love the show. It's cheesey and ridiculous at times but moreso than not, it's chock full of fun episodes and interesting scenarios (I loved when the girls became Goddesses). This season took some time to grow on me but if Charisma Carpenter (ex-Cordelia on Buffy and Angel) deemed the show worthy enough to guest star then that is certainly good enough for me!
Gizmodo has discovered that the tilt ya head back trick still works on bottles of Pepsi with free iTunes download caps:
This is great news! Bottles with game caps have been showing up in some areas of the country even though the promotion hasn't officially begun yet. I've yet to see them in the Detroit area but they should be soda popping up soon. Whoot! Looks like I'm gonna have to go on a Coke hiatus and start drinkin' the Pepsi ... doin' the lean back, lean back, lean back.
How about some news:
- Sonofabiscuit! Engadget is reporting that the next generation iPod (80GB for sure, all chrome body?) will be out by the middle of the year! Damnit!1
- Wait, George Clooney was in Spinal Tap? Oh, wait, he had a spinal tap. I was confused.
- Christian Slater escaped a knifing in London. He wouldn't have escaped had the incident occurred in D-town.
- The movie Ray looks to win big at this year's NAACP Image Awards.
- Kylie Minogue is suing an old producer, Pete Waterman, for being underpaid. She is also gonna let her ovaries dry up and die.
- The Strokes are working on #3.
- Now you can bid-izzle on spending a day with Snoop D-O Double G.
- Lauren Hill is working with Kanye West on new music; God is likely involved as well.
- Paris Hilton is being accused of theft! She's stealing Winona's schtick.
- Andy Bell of Erasure "wanted to be HIV-positive".
- Becks' boys beckoned to Britain for schooling; Is David Beckham leaving Madrid for good?
- Is Buffy responsible for altering the teenage lexicon? Like, duh!
- Viagra may help enlarge penises (or is it penii?) but did you know that it also helps repair enlarged hearts?
- Click HERE to watch nude dudes do the news. Check out Lucas.
- In Detroit news: Man, Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick must be feeling the heat if he's starting to admit wrongdoing. Oh Snap!
The screen is awesome and I love the new click-wheel. If you are at all thinking about getting an iPod (or an upgrade) then I say do it! The 60GB iPod is freaking amazing. It's my favorite toy right now. I think I'm going to be happy with little Chuy ... until he reaches capacity. Ah well, such is life.
My class is almost over. I still have to write comments for each student and then submit my grades but all that will be over by tomorrow afternoon. Holla! I should get back to it ... more soon.