Monday, May 07, 2007

Extreme Makeover - DUI Edition

TMZ is reporting that makeover guru Ty Pennington was arrested early Saturday morning for drinking and driving:

The story is very light on deets but it does say that he was arrested at 12:35 AM and was released on $5,000 bond a couple of hours later. Strangely enough, I never watch any of his makeover shows on TV and last night Sarah made me watch one ... I found it very hard to believe that anyone could be that squeaky clean. Unfortch, I guess I was right. [Source]

UPDATE: Ty Pennington has released the following statement regarding his DUI arrest: "I made an error in judgment. We all make mistakes, however this is about accountability. Under no circumstances should anyone consume alcohol while driving. I could have jeopardized the lives of others and I am grateful there was no accident or harm done to anyone. This was my wake-up call. I also want to apologize to my fans, ABC Television and my design team for my lapse in judgment and the embarrassment I have caused."