I do have to say, though, that it is disgusting how the Republicans are doing whatever they can to rehash the tragedy of 9/11 and use it for their political advantage. By choosing New York City as the site of their convention, they are doing everything they can to manipulate the horrible events of that day to cast themselves in a favorable light. The fact that it is working on some people is totally gross to me. It is easy for them to say whatever they want because they know that a vast majority of the U.S. people have not and will not read the 9/11 Commission Report and thereby not know the truth about how that day came to be.
I just gnash my teeth at how this administration has ruined our nation and am dumbfounded at the level of support GWB gets regardless of his infinite idiocy. I do not understand, for the life of me, how anyone can listen to this man speak and honestly think that he has a clue in his tiny little brain? The man cannot pronounce words! Ugh, it's an old argument and I'm not going to get into it again. I will never support or endorse GWB -- never ever. Heaven help us all.
- Wheaties cereal has decided not to put Paul Hamm on their boxes. Michael Phelps (swimming), Carly Patterson (woman's gymnastics) and Justin Gatlin (track) are the only gold medal Olympians who were asked to be on the box.
- Steven Baldwin is at the Republican National Convention in support of GWB saying, "I'm there to support the man I believe has the most faith. That's who I'm voting for. I believe the next president should be a guy who is being led by God. I believe there is one guy, and that's the guy I want to vote for." What? Since when is Steven Baldwin a religious nut-ball?
- Madonna is making a pilgrimage to Israel to celebrate the Jewish holidays. She will be accompanied by such luminaries as Hugh Jackman and his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, as well as Donna Karan. No word on whether or not Britters will make an appearance.
- Victoria Gotti has been telling people that one of her son's is going to Harvard. If this is true, she must be richer than I thought she was. If you've seen the show and any of her 3 sons, then you know what I'm talking about.
- Today is the 7-year anniversary of Princess Diana's death. I cannot believe that it has been that long!