ULS was the subject of a Detroit News article and it wasn't a flattering story. THIS story is all about how ULS hasn't been able to muster up enough support for there to be a football team this year. They even got a quote from a ULS student:
Alex Fleming, a sophomore lineman, said the problems are more deep-seeded. Football isn’t king at his school. It doesn’t hold the same excitement as it does at others ... “Most kids nowadays don’t have the guts to play, especially at Liggett,” he said ... “They don’t take it seriously, the teachers and students. It doesn’t seem to be that important.”
Needless to say, the school is not very happy with this news article. Let the school year begin!
Let's see how the goss is shaping up for today:
- The death toll in Iraq has surpassed 1,000 people. So why is GWB still garnering support among American people? Someone, please explain it to me!
- Madonna recently played a show in Manchester England and she had a beer named in her honor. Bottled beer called Material Girl Ale have been brewed to mark the singer's visit to the northern city after a 10-year break ... A crate was delivered to the superstar backstage during her Re-Invention tour. It is not known whether Madonna, who enjoys a pint of Guinness, slurped the 7.5% alcohol strength beer. Bottoms up, I say! Additionally, Madonna performed the song Imagine and dedicated it to the people of Russia. Addressing the audience midway through her Sunday-night show, Madonna spoke briefly about the hostage-taking at a school in the southern city of Beslan that left at least 330 dead. Officials have blamed the deadly attack on Chechens and other Islamic militants ... As video images of war and children were broadcast behind her on giant screens, the 46-year-old pop diva urged fans to think about what happened in Russia and about Lennon's lyrics.
- Melissa Auf Der Maur is already thinking about her next album. She told NME that she would love to get British musicians to play on it. Well, what else was going to tell the British magazine? We'll see if she follows through. She has also announced a fall tour and she will be coming back to Detroit on 10/8.
- Did you watch the series premiere of The Real World: Philadelphia last night? How can they have 2 gay guys on the same show? Are they trying to make up for the lack of gayness in both San Diego and Las Vegas?
- George Lucas has effed up the Star Wars movies ... AGAIN! The new DVDs of the "original" movies have been amended. Hayden Christensen was 2 years old when George Lucas released his third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, in 1983. Now the actor who would be Darth Vader gets a magical cameo in the DVD version ... That's the biggest of several changes found in the movies that make up the Stars Wars Trilogy, available only in a four-disc box set that arrives on DVD Sept. 21 ($70). DUMB! How can he just add things to such classic movies?! But an early look at the DVDs reveals Lucas continues to exercise creative power over his Star Wars empire, and in his mind, the original versions are no more. What a bad idea ... here's a quick peek of the major movie amendment:
And now I'm off to work ...