Thursday, March 20, 2008

Masterpiece Theater By Prada

Celebs of varying caliber and stature made their way to the Prada store on Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills, CA on Wednesday night for an intimate screening event for the short film entitled Trembled Blossoms (lyrics and music by Cocorosie). Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what is up with this short animated film, all I know is that it is very weird to watch. Here are pictures of some of the celebs who came out for the event ... including new mom Nicole Richie (who came out sans babydaddy Joel Madden), the newest cast member of Gossip Girl Michelle Trachtenberg, ex-Angel David Boreanaz and more:

I gather that Prada had this short film made to be used in some way with their clothing line ... I just don't know that I get it. Here is the animated short Trembled Blossoms for you to watch for yourself:

It reminds me of a Japanese version of Disney's Fantasia ... on acid. It's an interesting film and an interesting thing to incorporate into the fashion world. It's not like celebs really need a reason to go out and party but this sounds like a unique event to say the least. [Source]