Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Temple of Doom

Co-stars Jenna Malone and Shawn Ashmore were joined by Kevin Zegers, Ben Stiller and more at the Hollywood premiere of their new movie The Ruins which was held at the Arclight Theater here in LA last night. The Ruins is based on the novel which, according to the IMDB, tells the story of "a group of friends whose leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when they, along with a fellow tourist embark on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something evil lives among the ruins." Here are a few pics from the premiere last night:


Photo credit: Wireimage

Woot! I read this book when it was released last year (on the recommendation by Entertainment Weekly) and I really enjoyed it. As far as "horror" novels go, I don't tend to get scared by things that I read (save for the occasional Stephen King book) but there were some portions of this story that really creeped me the hell out. I have high hopes that the movie version will be able to adequately translate that creepiness onto the big screen. To be honest, it could go either way ... while I enjoyed the book very much, I can also see how a story like this might come across very cheesy in movie form. That being said, I still plan on seeing this movie, hopefully this weekend with David here in LA. I do suggest that all y'all read the book ... even if you decide to skip this movie, the book is worth the time. Here's hoping the movie doesn't ruin the book ;) [Source]