"There are so many reasons why I am leaving -- some are personal, some are professional, some emotional, some logical -- but in the end, I know this is the right thing to do. I am going to miss you all very much and thank you from the depths of my heart for all of your support and encouragement. I will forever be proud that in some small way, we were able to reach out to so many people. Without you, we would be nothing."
You can read the full text of her statement HERE. There are rumors that The White Stripes are going to break up too ... we'll have to see about that.
Here's some more goss:
- "50 Cent is a wanker" -- so says the U.K. festival crowd at Carling Weekend: Reading. The rapper was pelted with a shower of plastic bottles from the angry crowd, and even had a camping chair thrown at him, forcing the star to walk off after just twenty five minutes of his Main Stage set. 50 and his G-Unit crew were hit by a rain of bottles as they came onstage, and they even started to pick up the missiles and hurl them back towards the front rows. LOL -- I would have given anything to see this live!
- Matt Damon's uncle, George Brunstad (70-years old), became the oldest person to swim the English Channel. Apparently, he couldn't have done it without a little help, "When I arrived I just said 'Praise the Lord', stood on the beach and raised my arms in a V sign," he said. See, the Lord does work in mysterious ways.
- A U.K. man has put his friendship for say on eBay. The winner will get two e-mails a week, two written letters, texts and the possibility of a shoulder to cry on. Wow! Where do I sign up?!
- Scientists have found 2 new planets which orbit 2 different stars less than 50 light years away. Don't you hate when new neighbors move in?
- Robbie Williams tells it like it is. In his new autobiography, Feel, he has called Xtina Augilera "trampy". Robbie rants: "She looks like a cross between someone in Trade (a London gay club) at six in the morning and someone who's trying to save trees. Hello Robbie, tell us something we don't know.
- Would you wear a coat made of hamster fur? If so, you're in luck -- a shop in Scotland has just what you're looking for. House of Bruar, near Blair Atholl in Perthshire, was forced to remove the items from its shelves earlier this year after so many people complained ... It says it has put the coats - each made from 100 hamster skins - back on sale at a reduced price in order to cover the cost of buying them. I bet fur lover J. Lo has one already.
- Paris Hilton has gone ga-ga over her co-star Simon Rex. The Simple Life reality TV star flaunted Rex - a one-time porn star - in Miami's Mansion Club on Friday and enjoyed a raunchy night with him in the Delano hotel's luxury suite, according to Britain's Daily Star newspaper. Hmm, they are both stars of their own porn videos so it must be a match made in heaven. I'm sorry, I meant a match made in herpes.
- The new adult animated series Father of the Pride is set to ruin careers. Father Of The Pride is just not that funny. The gimmick of watching lions act like humans is good for about five minutes, tops. Critics who saw the second episode weren't too impressed. Ick, I watched 10 minutes of the series premiere last night and must concur, the show sucks.
- And Olympics news is not quite over, NBC set a new record by having 200 million viewers over the course of the 17-day Summer Olympic Games. Nielsen Media Research said Monday that 203 million viewers watched at least some of NBC Universal's coverage, making it the most-watched non-U.S. Summer Olympics in history. These Games where not as hyped up as earlier Games and they came much later in the summer ... interesting, to say the least.