Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Bu-Bye

News from Detroit Rock City -- bassist Carrie Smith from the band The Von Bondies has quit the group. She decided to make last night's performance at the London Astoria her last with the group. She is being replaced with a person named "Yasmeen Smith". Here is an excerpt from Carrie's statement to her fans:

"There are so many reasons why I am leaving -- some are personal, some are professional, some emotional, some logical -- but in the end, I know this is the right thing to do. I am going to miss you all very much and thank you from the depths of my heart for all of your support and encouragement. I will forever be proud that in some small way, we were able to reach out to so many people. Without you, we would be nothing."

You can read the full text of her statement HERE. There are rumors that The White Stripes are going to break up too ... we'll have to see about that.

Here's some more goss:
I have meetings all morning today but I think we are done after lunch ... here's hoping. I shall return.