Whatevs, rehab is for quitters!
Sarah managed to score tickets for us to go see Michael Moore in Ann Arbor next week. He is doing 60 CITY SWING-STATE TOUR in 20 states and he will be at the Hill Auditorium next Wednesday. Sarah, Mark, Me and 1 other person (to be determined soon) will be in attendance. Woo!
The Britney update is as follows, it seems that holier-than-thou Xtina is talking "trash" about Britney's weekend nuptials labeling the wedding as "trashy, pathetic and low rent". THIS ARTICLE has a quote from Xtina, she said: "I'd never have thought that girl would have done it this way. I know she really loves Kevin, but this is like really low rent this time ... It's surprising. The whole affair seems somewhat pathetic." LOL! Xtina is the skankiest pop diva ever and should, IMHO, keep her trap shut.
The high resolution pictures from People magazine have yet to hit the 'Net so I'm holding off on posting any thing until they do. It shouldn't be long now.
In other news:
Sarah Michelle Geller has been cast to play Sabrina the Teenage Witch in the movie adaptation. She'll be 30 when filming starts in late 2006.Update: SMGfan.com is reporting that this newstory is not true. Ah well, I think SMG would make a great Sabrina. [thanks for the heads up Shane]
- Remember all those lucky people who won free cars on The Oprah Winfrey Show? Yeah, they are going to be responsible for about $7 thousand dollars in new taxes. Winners with lower incomes might be hurt the worst, Godek said, because the prize could push them into higher brackets, stripping them of possible tax credits. Yikes! No good deed goes unpunished, it seems.
- There is hope for my friend Shane, it seems that Paris Hilton is looking for Mr. Right no matter what he looks like. "Looks don't matter anymore," the 23-year-old hotel heiress-model-actress said in the interview. "It's all about how nice they are. At this point, I want to find a guy who's right for me. I want someone who's going to treat me well and love me." Hmm, she must already be rich or something ...
- Marilyn Manson is set to marry his beloved Dita Von Teese in a surprisingly normal ceremony. "Gottfried Helnwein [the German artist] whom I collaborated with a lot invited us to get married at one of his castles in either Germany or Ireland," Manson said. "So we thought we would just have the pageantry and the ceremony of a normal wedding, but without the church. Because I don't think that I would really be welcome there." Awwww! Oh yeah, he's also got a greatest hits album coming out and hates GWB.
- Janet's boob finally has it's day of reckoning, CBS is fined $550,000 for the wardrobe malfunction at this year's Super Bowl. "The show clearly intended to push the limits of prime-time television," said the FCC, which called the half-time event an "outrageous stunt." Individual CBS affiliates were fined $27,5000 each as well. I say we outlaw all boobs on TV ... it's time for male butt shots if you ask me.
- And speaking of male butt shots, want to see more of Eminem's ass? Go HERE.
- Remember that televangelist Jimmy Swaggart, the one who was caught with a prostitute -- twice? Well, he's back in the headlines and he's still an asshole. Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart apologized Wednesday for saying in a televised worship service that he would kill any gay man who looked at him romantically ... In the broadcast, Swaggart was discussing his opposition to gay marriage when he said "I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry" ... "And I'm going to be blunt and plain: If one ever looks at me like that, I'm going to kill him and tell God he died," Swaggart said to laughter and applause from the congregation ... On Wednesday, Swaggart said he has jokingly used the expression "killing someone and telling God he died" thousands of times, about all sorts of people. He said the expression is figurative and not meant to harm. Gotta love those conservative Xtians ... no wait -- no you don't!
- Hmmm, is this irony or poetic justice or something? Woman killed by falling cross -- ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- A 67-year-old woman was killed when a three-meter (10-foot) tall metal crucifix fell on her head in a small southern Italian town on Wednesday, police said. Too bad it didn't fall on Jimmy Swaggart.
Preparations for our party this weekend are underway. Erik and I are hosting a housewarming party this Saturday and we're starting to get things completed. I'm sure I'll either be talking more about this or too busy to post about it ... I hate having 10 million things to do all at once.