Thursday, August 12, 2004
I'm scared y'all
Hmm, what else ... Oh yeah, the first pictures of Nick Lachey on the set of Charmed have leaked to the Internet. As was previously reported, Nick is going to do a few episodes of Charmed as a new love interest for Phoebe (you can see in the picture that he will be working at The Bay Mirror, the newspaper that Phoebe works for). I'm supposing that if the ratings look good that they will keep him on for more episodes (like they did with the character of Chris -- who turned out to be Piper and Leo's second son). It's nice to see that Nick can have a career away from The Newlyweds and totally apart from Jessica. At least she has a singing career still going strong. Do we even know what happened with Nick's group 98°? Are they like broke up or something? There is like no news on that group anymore. Their official web site is no longer functioning. Anyways, that's all beside the point. I really hope that this stint on Charmed works out for Mr. Jessica Simpson. If not, I fear the poor guy is doomed to forever play second fiddle to the moronic but lovable Jessica.
In other news:
- Justin and Cameron deny the wedding rumors. I'm just posting a follow-up, I still couldn't give a shizz about these two.
- Scott Stapp has finally fessed up about Creed's breakup. He claims that it was his steroid use that ended the band. His story is that he was ill and got to the point where he couldn't sing without taking steroid shots. Whatever the reason, thank Jesus Creed is over! Now if we could do something about a little band called Nickelback.
- The Backstreet Boys are going the way of reality TV. Their show will focus on them trying to find a new bodyguard. The "American Idol"-like competition will whittle down a group of contestants until one man or woman is left standing as the Boys' protector. Doesn't this sound so stupid? Yeah, it does to me too.
- Where you aware that August is Anal Sex Month? Hey, I'm just the messenger.
- According to a new study, Detroit, MI ranks as the 69th most literate city out of the 74 largest cities in the country. Toledo, OH comes in at #40, Oklahoma City, OK ranks at #39, St. Louis, MO ranks at #13, Washington D.C. ranks at #6 and Minneapolis, MN comes in at #1. You can read the full list HERE.
I've got to jet, tons of things to do before Saturday.