Friday, September 03, 2004

O Baby! Sioux Me

Tonight is going to rock! Tonight is the long-awaited An Evening With Siouxsie show. As you may recall, this show was supposed to take place in June but the whole tour was delayed because Siouxsie Sioux suffered a throat infection. Thankfully, the tour wasn't cancelled -- just postponed. Siouxsie and her Banshee come to Detroit tonight. The tour is called An Evening with Siouxsie because she (along with Budgie) will be performing a mixed set of Siouxsie and the Banshees and The Creatures songs. I can't think of a cooler concept. Erik got us tickets for my birthday and I've been looking at them on our desk for weeks now. Tonight is the night ... I can't wait!!!

But, before I can get all jazzed for the show I still have a lot to deal with at work. Thankfully, I was able to do A LOT yesterday. Phil helped me immensely and the workload is becoming more manageable. Don't get me wrong, there is still a ton of work to do but things don't seem so insurmountable anymore. I was literally at my wit's end a couple of nights ago. I was even trying to figure out a way to quit my job and find another! Anyhoo, that panicky feeling has passed (for the time being) and I'm more focused now. I will probably be at work all day long but it is necessary.

Ugh, let's get to the goss before I get to work:

Oh, did I mention that I was seeing Siouxsie Sioux tonight?!?


Wee!!! I cannot wait!!! But, I'm going to have to ... work beckons. I'll try and update as I can. While I'll be at work all day I will have computer time so I may return soon.