But, before I can get all jazzed for the show I still have a lot to deal with at work. Thankfully, I was able to do A LOT yesterday. Phil helped me immensely and the workload is becoming more manageable. Don't get me wrong, there is still a ton of work to do but things don't seem so insurmountable anymore. I was literally at my wit's end a couple of nights ago. I was even trying to figure out a way to quit my job and find another! Anyhoo, that panicky feeling has passed (for the time being) and I'm more focused now. I will probably be at work all day long but it is necessary.
Ugh, let's get to the goss before I get to work:
- The siege at a Russian school is over. BESLAN, Russia (CNN) -- Russian troops have stormed and secured a school in southern Russia where an armed gang, believed to be Chechen rebels, took hundreds of children, parents and teachers hostage. There were casualties, but it's finally over.
- 2.5 million people have evacuated Florida in order to escape the wrath of Hurricane Frances, which is due to hit today. Yikes! Didn't they *just* have a hurricane knocking down their doors?
- Tyra Banks has culled together a new crop of model-wannabes for America's Next Top Model. Let's hope there is another skanky Shandie-like vixen!
- Fox News has beat the 3 TV networks in RNC coverage. Well DUH!!! Fox News is doing everything short of licking ass during the RNC (and I suspect the ass licking goes on during the commercial breaks). I strongly urge you to watch the documentary Outfoxed -- it is extremely enlightening and eye-opening (you know, in case you need another reason to hate Fox News).
- So Michael Jackson reportedly paid off another kid (to the tune of $2 mil.) to keep from getting sued. This would make pay-off #2. And this news is supposed to be shocking?
- P. Diddy wants to wrestle Hulk Hogan for charity. "Stop the music," Puff instructed the DJ. "Hulk Hogan is in the muthaeffin' house." "Hey, yo, Hulk," he would continue moments later. "Right now, me and you wrestle for a million dollars." BUT, don't think that he was serious, That night at Mansion, almost as soon as he issued the challenge to the leader of the Hulkamaniacs, Diddy recanted. "I was only playin'," he said. "Don't mess with me, Hulk." Hulk Hogan should have taken his chance and kicked his ass. Oh well ...
- Democratic traitor Zell Miller challenged Chris Matthews (of MSNBC's Hardball) to a duel because he didn't like the tone of an interview. Miller screamed,"Get out of my face! If you're going to ask me a question, step back and let me answer. I wish we lived in the day when you could challenge a person to a duel. Now that would be pretty good." What a freaking nut! I'm glad he switched political parties, because he sure sounds like a Republican to me.
Wee!!! I cannot wait!!! But, I'm going to have to ... work beckons. I'll try and update as I can. While I'll be at work all day I will have computer time so I may return soon.